Chatham Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2002, 08:07 AM
President of CAC

Chatham Report

Nick and Juro stayed at CAC Friday night and we headed out to the light house late ..around 6am, Sat morning..but Nick left earlier. Saw Penguin out at the breakers with my binocs... We met JimW and Big Dave at the parking lot. Juro, Nick and JimW took yaks to meet up with Penguin. I watched Penguin walking from one place to another and Big Dave and I headed to the Rip Rider for the 8 and by-passed the light house. I did not think there were fish to be had... Met Brian(bardi) at the shuttle and since it was overcast we went to SB instead of Monomoy...Walked the ocean to the south point and around to the inside...Hit with mung imediatly...then found clear water at the south point. Fished about 100 yards from the seal colony...surf perfect...lots of peanut bunker...no fish..Although Keith mentioned later that the boats did well beyond the surf line. We walked around to the rip ...deep water, incoming and tons of bait..peanut bunker...birds diving..no fish..think we saw some blues but did not hook up...Back at 1:45...called penguin who was at home and nothing at the light house although Pete lost two blues and said Juro lost a striper... I know Juro and Nick were going to headoff along the south Shore looking for hardtails...Spoke to Juro in the eve and will let him report but he had a fun day traveling to all those beaches. If the Mung goes SB should start to produce big time...but nothing is coming out of Pleasant Bay..no bait, no Sand eels in Particular.... I think the light house is dead until the migration which might produce on an incoming but forget the outgoing.

Last edited by striblue; 08-25-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2002, 08:51 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...what John said...

...and besides that...
'Paddled out in the dark with running lights on the be legal...'Had flashbacks to Nigels "Shark Week" as I crossed the deep channel...
'Looked very fishy...'went to a 12# flouro leader for stealth...Non stop casting practice!
Just before slack low did get my line strectched twice and was promptly surgically cut off...Thank you Mr Blue...'went with a small bite wire but Elvis had already left the building.
'Said cheers to Juro/Nick/Jim W at the light house beach...they were going to beat feet in search of hard tails...I still had some therapudic rotator cuff paddling left in me and soon beached at the tip of Nauset...was greeted with great clouds of paranoid but undisturbed peanut bunker and gobs of unfishable mung.
Good to know that I wasn't the Lone Ranger when it came to "catchin"...
Old 08-26-2002, 02:07 PM

Cool Chatham 8/24

Hey John
Had an enjoyable day learning all about South Beach from you, Starting at the drop-off all the way to the South tip. I usually fish right at the drop-off and don't move much farther than that(i.e. LAZZY). Are you still planning on the new drop-off spot on South Monomoy 9/1. It is an 8:30 High tide I believe. I'm all game for that. Either way I should see you down there this week-end
Thanks
Brian
Old 08-26-2002, 02:20 PM
President of CAC

I will check with Keith and will get back to you..one way or another I will see you down there.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
John,
Thanks again for the place to crash. Sure as hell beats driving all the way early in the morning.

Juro's still convinced there's fish in Chatham. I have my doubts.

We put some serious miles into the HardTail hunt, to no avail. Learned some new spots though, and had a great afternoon.

I'm torn sometimes when I'm on the Cape. I do love the bluebird days on the flats, but a nice overcast sky, and the quiet feeling you get from now until next Memorial Day is really special as well.

Nick
Old 08-28-2002, 12:32 PM

Question S. Monomoy

Called the Rip Ryder today. They said they are not droping off on the North tip of South Monomoy. They said it has something to do with the Fish and Game Dept. I don't really understand the situation. Will see you either Sat. or Sunday morning at the 8 A.M boat.
See Ya!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:57 PM
President of CAC

May end up boating it Saturday Morning...not sure yet... But could have a CAC get together in the eve.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:17 PM
President of CAC

Brian....PM me... the rumor is out on other boards... A Worchester Fly Shop..Lower Forty published that the trips are going to start... Fact is it will not be like they think..no free access to all of South Monomoy . I have the facts..... and the schedule.....
Old 08-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Middle Aged Member

John,
Clean out your PM box.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:53 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...and after you do that...

JohnnyScissorshandz...
Floss, organize your ascottt collection, and straighten out that mess on your tying bench!
...but first...
YOU need to clean out YOUR PM sent folder!

I found my "Private Messages Sent" folder bursting at the seams.
A little X-Lax and it's history! I no longer have that "bloated" feeling. 'Worked wonderz!

Last edited by Penguin; 08-28-2002 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:00 PM
President of CAC

Thanks..I will do it pronto.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.