It's a Girl!! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2002, 12:01 PM

It's a Girl!!

Signed the final papers on the new boat this morning!!!! She's a Maritime 20D and she will be home from the dealer next week. Let the fun begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2002, 12:52 PM
LT 20

Congrats

Sounds great, way to go! Congrats on the new ride!
Old 08-21-2002, 01:09 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

AWESOME! Congratulations, may you two enjoy many years of adventure together.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:43 PM

What...

Just have to think of a good name for her. Any suggestions? I thought of "White Knuckles" or "30 Something" the later only due to the fact that my B day was yesterday.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:11 PM
BB5 Survivor

take your time naming her.....pick one that suits you both!

--j
Old 08-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Secret:Time on the water

Hey Mike,
Congrats on the New Boat purchase, my heart sores for your new toy. You will absolutely love being able to go wherever you feel like whenever you feel like. I can't believe it but my birthday is also 8/20 what a small world dude!!!! Happy Birthday to you buddy*** We definitely have to get together now that I know that you are a wacky LEO like me, I have my ear to the ground waiting for the first confirmed Albie report out in our neck of the woods, please email me so that I have your email addressstriper@optonline.net You feel like looking around Fishers Island with me this weekend??? There was alot of fish around them parts last wednesday, my wife and I had a ball with both blues and some large bass all chasing baby bunker, if so shoot me an email and we can coordinate the meeting spot.

Tightlines,
Mike M.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Thumbs up CONGRATS!!!!

A GREAT BOAT(ON OF MY TOP CHOICES ON MY SEARCH). WHAT DID YOU PICK FOR ELECTRONICS? ARE YOU TRAILERING OR DO YOU HAVE A SLIP? TOM D
Old 08-22-2002, 08:34 AM

Trailer / Slip / Electronics

Tom,

I am choosing to trailer the boat for a while. It definately has its strong points. If I feel like taking it to Barn Island or up to the Cape I can where as if I keep it around by me I think it will limit me. I have not put any electronics in it yet only because of $$. Plus where I will be fishing the next few weeks I really do not need any. But next month I will be putting in a Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit and instead of an on board radio I am choosing a hand held unit from Uniden. That way I can listen to the weather at home or in the car when I am traveling to new fishing grounds. The only other things I would like to add is rod holders,some tackle trays in the console and a bow rail and just maybe a poling platform. All of the add ons will come in time though. I need to run the boat for a while and see what its short comings are and from there I will figure out the "wants" from the "needs". I am sure the boat will have way more "wants" than "needs" by the time its all said and done. I really love the boat and how simple it is as well as the fact that there is not alot of gadgets and things to go wrong. All in all I am very pleased with the company and the boat. I spent 5 years looking and researching the best value for the dollar and I really think it was the right choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.