Juro, you coming out this fall?? - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 10:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
Juro, you coming out this fall??

I assume you are but when? got a seat in my Clacka for ya if you make it this far south.
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks Rob! That's awful tempting... I love the Columbia tribs and their big summer runs. Now that I live out this way I often recall a 17 pound summer native buck I landed at the mouth of the Toutle one August morning... it was technically in the Cowlitz and the people fishing there were urging me to bonk it. No way in hell. I was amazed with the way this fish looked - fins as perfect as a Skagit winter run and chrome laced into it's transparent fins. I imagine it was a Green River native summer fish waiting for the right time to ascend the pukey silt waters of the Toutle since St.Helens. Not to mention many other fond memories on the Kalama, EF & NF Lewis, Washougal, etc.

Since I am cleaned out for vacation time, I was thinking about a combination saltchuck coho / summer run sortie' and that would be best pulled off out on the Olympic Peninsula. Sekiu / Neah Bay, Sol Duc and upper Hoh are within striking distance for a weekend escape.

But every time I come out I don't feel complete unless I hit the Columbia system... maybe I can borrow a couple of vacation days from next year and pull off a four day outing. I will test-price a Portland arrival with a Seattle departure just in case the boss gives me the green light.

Thanks and don't rule me out just yet! I appreciate the offer and will definitely let you know.

thanks,
Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2002, 12:46 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Rob-
I am sure he is, it is just a matter of time before he gives in!! :hehe:

Juro-
If you need a pick up from the airport or a ride to the airport etc. etc. etc., feel free to give me a shot.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:09 PM
CND The Spey Underground

Juro,

.... MARTINI BAR ....

Still Living Large!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:46 PM

J..

I have the first week of Nov. scheduled with work and the wife. I have to agree with Kush on this one.

Kush, you heard anything on how thing are fishing in the Campbell river area? We had to postpone our trip, two weeks and counting.

andre
Old 08-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Oh the pressure! :eyecrazy: Santa, can I have BOTH!?!?!

Tough choices... Kush I will contact you offline...
Old 08-21-2002, 06:25 PM
CND The Spey Underground

Andre,

Are you talking about a trip for salmon? If so, Campbell River is having one of its best seasons in years. My friends who guide and live there are saying it is like the old days!

If you want or need some more info e-mail me and I can find out.

Still Living Large!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:38 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Quote:
Originally posted by juro

Tough choices... Kush I will contact you offline...
Contacting him offline to plan a trip to the Martini Bar this Fall???...ooh can I tag along. I really gotta see what this Martini Bar is all about and experience the river that she is camped on in October.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:09 PM

Kush,

Yeah Sir Salmon Fishing. We are going to miss the big "springs", but hey silvers like the flies better! We are scheduled the week of the 8th-13th at Painters. Which I understand is "late" for the "springs". This isn't the ideal trip fishing, golf and drinking, as I won't get to fish for steelhead. I will be sleeping in a cushy bed. I'll shoot you something offline closer to the date. Hope to see you on the big water again this year.

andre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.