Another First on a FLy - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2002, 02:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Cool Another First on a FLy

:hehe:
Eddie, Ian and I met at the Bath landing to scout for some for stripers. Eddie's 18' Maritime Skiff was very nice. Managed to locate one blitz at the bottom of Hockmock Bay and boated 1/2 dozen or so. Nothing huge but real fiesty bass in the 20" range. However I did boat an interesting spcimen on a Deep Eel. Foul hooked in the back. They were jumping everywhere. That's nothing new for the Kennebec Watershed they jump all day long. Some times it sounds like someone has thrown a tree into the river when a 300 pound Atlantic Sturgeon leaps. This one is a shortnosed about 24". It was surprisingly less creapy than I expected one to be. The skin is gritty feeling, almost sandpapery not slimy as I had imagined.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_053.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	694  

Last edited by Chris; 07-27-2002 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2002, 02:54 PM
_

Thumbs up Very cool . . .

Nice addition to the list! The shortnosed sturgeon are endangered in MA. There are some in the CT River and people occasionally catch them while bait fishing.

Q
Old 07-28-2002, 09:57 PM
President of CAC

Chris... love that picture... It is a creepy looking fish though...looks like the Nautilist in Jules Vern's, Twenty thousand leagues under the Sea.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:55 PM

A new type of bobber fishing

I love the "In-Fisherman" episode where they are sturgeon fishing the Colorado River. He hooks up a fish that is close to 200 lbs but is having trouble keeping up with him in the 30' boat they are in. The guy driving the boat talks him into fighting the fish out of a FLOAT TUBE. I don't know how he landed that fish. After being totally dunked a few times, I think he was glad to have that shot over with.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.