Chatham Light--5/28 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2001, 08:25 AM
President of CAC

Chatham Light--5/28

Out at 5:30 AM.. must have needed my sleep. Started to make bee line for the point. 4 0r 5 fly guys and one spinner. No action I am told, but sort of knew that since it was early out going. Dick Ives shows up about 6. Tide starts to move quicker and we're on. First I get a 30 incher then Dick hits. From 6 to 7:30 I complete the morning with 6 nice fish, another 30 incher, 3 in the high 20's, and one schoolie. Dick does not keep count but he had the same kind of fish but I lost track at 10. Wallace shows up , the guy from yesterday from Austalia.. He hooks up right away but loses it in the wash. The other fly guys are hitting occationally, but this morning Dick and I had the sweet spot. Very foggy in the morning and we leave as the fog clears and I know it's time for the action there to stop... Did not even bother to go to the other point which would have been the next stop as I read the tide. Have to get home to Boston.. All in all a great morning from the beach. Juro stoped by my place last night and was planning on going out with Todd on his boat at 5:30 AM along with Bill. Till next weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2001, 01:02 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Sounds like a great day John. It's a great way to start the (short) work week.

Jimmy
Old 05-29-2001, 04:27 AM

Wish I could have joined you and Dick. Next time we'll all fish together. Great report.
FishHawk
Old 05-29-2001, 08:02 AM
Flats Rat

Great reports John. I spent most of Sunday and yesterday wondering why I listen to weather forecasts - it sounds like in between bouts of thunder & lightning, there were fishable periods during which the action was pretty hot - lesson learned!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.