Sunday AM Early Rip Ryder - Details - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2001, 01:45 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sunday AM Early Rip Ryder - Details

These are the details for booking an early run on Rip Ryder for Sunday, May 27th. An early run gets you out there before the public.

To get out there early, you need to get 8-10 people or $80-100. Keith needs advance notice so he can prepare the boat early for this special trip.

I just talked to Ed, he is asking if Keith will do 6AM on Sunday which may work to your benefit. Two hours before the crowds show is worth a lot.

Someone who is going Sunday should pick up the pointman role. (I will not be down there Sunday unless this brief showing of sun changes my wife's decision to stay home)

I recommend South Beach. John M and Jeff B will know the drill for this tide. Ed says happy anglers with keepers on the fly this morning, not surprised.

If you are interested and can commit to covering the guys who show up even if you change your mind, reply to this thread.

10 people or more - $10 round trip
Any less - split the minimum early run fare

Note: If you book an early run, you will need to go regardless of how many people actually show up. Therefore please don't sign up unless you're going to show up on time on Sunday AM.

The parking area is the causeway on Morris Island Rd. You can meet at the lighthouse in Chatham prior to the causeway, which we commonly do.

I will post a report on tomorrow's fishing when I return. MAN I WISH I COULD DO SUNDAY!!!

Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to the Sunday crew.

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2001, 04:04 PM
Flats Rat

I am in.

Don't know the area well enough to do the point man thing.

In general, is the plan - Surf Side on the outgoing / inside flats on the incoming?
Old 05-25-2001, 04:22 PM

OK, I'll take the pointman role.

1.) I just spoke with Keith at Rip Ryder. He is happy to take us at 7am (6am not an option on Sunday). This will give us a good jump on the rest on the Memorial weekend crowd.

2.) I need to tell him by 6pm Saturday evening whether we are on or not on for the 7am Sunday trip.

3.) At 5:45 Saturday, I'll check this thread to see how many DEFINATES we have. 10 definates = $10 person. If we have at least 7 DEFINATES, I'll call Keith and say it's a go. If we have 6 or less DEFINATES, I say we just bag it and catch later shuttles.

4.) Based on the other string, I see the following as potential DEFINATES:

Adrian
Bill
Striblue
Solo
Craig
Jim D
Dave

That looks like 7 at this point. Please post below whether or not you DEFINATELY intend to join us for this mother of all, once in a lifetime, early cruise to blitz heaven.

And your answer is . . . . .

Bill
Old 05-25-2001, 04:41 PM
President of CAC

I am in for Sunday. Will be at he lighthouse at 4:30 before hand.
Old 05-25-2001, 04:48 PM

What should I be tying - I plan on a tying marathon tonight and part of tomorrow!

Dave
Old 05-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Flats Rat

Definitely definite!

John, I'll find you at the lighthouse arround 4:30!
Old 05-25-2001, 05:44 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Count me in and point the way. Added expense is not a problem.
Old 05-25-2001, 09:12 PM

I may not be bright eyed and bushy tailed but, I'll be at the cauzzz'way at the appointed hour...count me in das boat.
John M & Adrian...if things go well, I hope to catch you at the lighthouse for some tango lessons at O'dark thirty...
Cheers!
Old 05-25-2001, 11:23 PM

OK. I reread my last post. How many times can I spell the same word incorrectly in one post. Sheeeeesh.

Current status of Sunday 7am shuttle signup as of midnight Friday night:

DEFINITES
Bill
Adrian
Striblue
Solo (PG)
Jim D (OldDoogue)
Dave (Fliboy)

That's 6 at this point.

A few others have expressed interest, but I won't add them to the Definite list until I see a post here.

I'll keep checking this thread until 5:45pm Saturday. This will give everyone a chance to add or drop until 5:45.

Thanks for the offer to help Striblue. Your knowledge of the area will be a huge help. Not sure how much experience all of the others have out there. We can do a game plan before we launch.

Juro, if you're out there Saturday, maybe you can give us a scouting report either here on the board or by my cell phone.

Thanks,

Mini-meister Bill
Old 05-26-2001, 12:58 PM
President of CAC

Adrian, I will be looking for you. Met Juro, Big Cat, Craig, and Jeffsod this AM at 4:30.. We split up. I fished with Big Cat and Craig at the point and we had no luck for about one hour.. We then moved to the other point and the flats and hole there. I picked up one small one as did Big cat, but Craig picked up two to about 28 " each. We then went back to the point and Juro got his 32" for the Morning. I had to go home and the rest of the crew headed to the causeway to the Rip Rider for the 8 AM shuttle. Good way to start the day even before you start.. at South Beach or Monomoy. I will be looking for The crews report from those locations later.. I am Tying very sparse Two to three inch clousers from white, chartreuse and Olive super hair with two or three stands of flash.. Should be the key on the flats tomorrow as well as Poplovics green shrimps. See you tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2001, 04:22 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Hmmm,

I was thinking about heading down tomorrow morning with my Dad but I am a bit apprehensive. I do not mind rain but the thunderstorms are nothing that I want to mess with while out on South Beach. Mr. Morin, have you seen any local weather reports for the Chatham area? Does anybody think that it will be foolish to head out on the water with 9 foot lightning rods in our hands? Also, I have heard reports of thick fog forecast on the Cape for tomorrow morning. Another concern when on the flats.

Any reports/advice out there? Maybe my new Winston rod (boron) is not conductive?

-Mike
Old 05-26-2001, 04:58 PM

Well gang:

Given that:

1.) we had no more than 6 definites for a 7am Sunday private shuttle, and

2.) Reports today suggested that fishing did not turn on out at South Beach until the flood, and the tide is going out most of the early morning, and

3.) people can still catch regular shuttles later in the day, and

4.) good possibility of thundershowers (most important).

I made the call to tell Keith we will NOT be doing a 7am shuttle.

Hope everyone is OK with this decision.

Still can go fishing (just not on a private 7am shuttle).

Thanks,

Bill
Old 05-26-2001, 05:38 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Fellas,

I do not mean to put a damper on tomorrow's fishing festivities but I am not going to attend tomorrows sortie. My Dad is out too. He was psyched to go but the weather just looks too nasty for us to make the drive. I am sorry to say that I think that I discouraged him a bit.

So, we are out this weekend but my Dad, my brother and I are in for next weekend. I am planning on spending the whole weekend on the Cape and it would be great to meet up with some of you.

Good luck tomorrow.

-Mike
Old 05-26-2001, 06:15 PM
President of CAC

Probably the smart move. I have no local forcast yet, but will post it when I get one anyway... Bill, no problem with me... I will just stay at the light house and also into the inner bowl which is the northern most area of south beach. Lightning...you will not see me, but fog out at the light house has made some great fishing... low light for the fish. So.. I hope it's pea soup out there. So, no danger of getting lost. I will fish from 4:30 to about 8. I am down here anyway. I will look for who ever shows up. Let me know if anyone will just do the light house.
Old 05-26-2001, 06:47 PM
Flats Rat

Hmmm, looks like too many minuses this time. I 'll probably give it a miss this week - it's a lot of driving if it turns out to be unfishable. The forecast down here is even worse - thunderstorms most of the day! For those that venture out - tight lines and see you on the water soon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.