Welcome our Newest Sponsor: RIO !! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2002, 11:49 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thumbs up Welcome our Newest Sponsor: RIO !!

Thanks to Simon Gawesworth, Jim Vincent and Rio Products the FORUM and Spey pages are proud to say that our community is supported by one of the premier line makers in the industry!

Click on the banner to check out http://www.rioproducts.com ,you'll see the amazing range of flyline coverage that the Rio team manufactures for our fly fishing pleasure. From Spey lines to tropic lines to striper lines to spring creek trout, they have the line. Rio delivers durable coatings, creative tapers and a responsiveness to consumer needs.

Thank you Rio!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2002, 12:43 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...I may be "digitally challenged" but...

http://www.rioproducts.com

Last edited by Penguin; 07-15-2002 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:01 PM

Juro:

A great sponsor!!! One thing that I have noticed so far is that your sponsors appear to be the best of the best. Nothing I hate worse than hearing someone brag on a product, and pitch it to their patrons, just because they are a sponsor. This site definately earns considerable credibility in my eyes from the general quality of its sponsorship.

John
Old 07-16-2002, 06:30 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks John, I agree... we are truly lucky that these companies care enough to support the Spey Pages and FORUM. I love Rio products, and have enjoyed their Spey lines out west as well as their well thought out striper lines in intermediate and sinking configurations religiously on the east coast. In fact I am about to order the Quick-shooter and Lumilux (glows at night) for sight fishing and night fishing to round out my striper arsenal.

Getting Spey casting tips from Simon Gawesworth at the Sandy River Spey Clave this spring was definitely a high point in my season. The setup he brought redefined effortless casting for me and others I know who have since purchased the combination.

We should look at these agreements as relationships with these great companies, not just advertising. I look forward to a long and mutually rewarding relationship with Rio and our other fine sponsors.

Juro
Old 07-16-2002, 07:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
recently bought Rio's Striper line. like it very much.

welcome Rio!
Old 07-25-2002, 10:47 AM

Love the Rio Grande with it's revolutionary welded loop. Floats like a cork and is my go-to for western MA freestone rivers.

Even better is their tungsten-impregnated tapered leader. They work like a charm for high-stick nyphing and eliminate the need to carry around an expensive extra spool + sink tip line.

Another great idea by RIO.

BigD
Old 08-06-2002, 03:17 AM

Hey old friends

Welcome to Jimmy and Kitty hope you do a bit of posting from time to time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.