Tourist - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2002, 10:15 AM

Wink Tourist

Spent a week on the Cape, fish has lock jaw but the tourists were out in force. Went to a campground . Plugged into the wall was an electric coffee pot . Tourists says "Is it done yet?" Second incident, pulled into a parking spot when I almost got my fender smashed into. There he was the Tourist with his trophy blond wife demanding his parking spot. Anybody have similar Tourists experiences? FishHawk
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2002, 11:01 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Man oh man, TOURISTS

I haven't experienced it this year. But last year I hit a DOOZEY. I make several multi day trips to the Westside Olypen each year. Normally I primarily hit the Hoh, but will hit the Duc/Quilleyette system if I get the urge. Well, I made it to my Oxbow camp first day and got everything setup early. Didn't have enough time to drift the river, so headed up towards Minnie to hit the drift there. Some guy had the nerve to tell me that I impeded on HIS slot. Let me step back and say that I had approaced an EMPTY slot. This guy pulls up after me with a couple buddies. I politely let him know I was first one here, and fishing through, so if they wanted, they could simply start behind me and follow drift with me (we were all using fly gear). For some reason they seemed a bit peeved that I didn't move from "THEIR" slot and off they went after throwing ROCKS into the slot. I was then informed as they stomped off by the spokesman in the group that they'd been fishing this slot all week, and I should move so they could fish it. I looked back to see that they were driving an out of state plate Suburban. I couldn't tell from the distance which state, but may have been New Mexico from color scheme. Funny thing of all, I caught a nice fish a few minutes later. I kept thinking that I'd been fishing this slot for well over 20 years, and I was being told I had to move since it was THEIR slot. Now that I think back, may have been an east coast fisherman. I know when I fished back in NJ you had to wear your license in the open. They had their licenses in similar pouches on their vests. Hmmm, we'll never know.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Send a message via AIM to Stone Send a message via Yahoo to Stone
If it's called Tourist season, why can't we shoot 'em?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2002, 11:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Careful, we take trips to fish too.
Take them as a point of reference, if it weren't for all the, #&*##@ people the rest of us wouldn't seem so pleasant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.