Does Bob Pink find fish? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2002, 07:28 PM

Does Bob Pink find fish?

One of the many micro's Bob caught at Chatham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Ahhh.......I love those toothless critters.

They're like "Jaws" Lite.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:32 PM
President of CAC

Ray... quite a picture... what kind of shark? and where...Great picture...you are the reincarnation of Ernest Hemmingway!
Old 07-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Exclamation

YIKES! Where and how close to shore? Most important, will it eat short Irishmen from Ct?
Old 07-08-2002, 11:21 PM

IMG]http://castaflycharters.com/baskshark2.jpg[/IMG]

Bob and I were off Nausett in his Double Happiness center console about five miles out. Suddenly two schools of basking sharks surfaced each containing six fish. I'll let Bob tell the rest of the story if he chimes in.

Totally awestruck by this event. These mammoths of creatures (Basking Sharks)are 32 feet long and some 7 tons. Just a site to be hold watching them cruise in their docile way. Have plenty of good CD video too that I'll show this winter.

Bob P.... Do you have your ears on?

Last edited by RayStachelek; 07-09-2002 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:38 AM

Hi Ray,
About the time you were posting that I was getting skunked on Nauset. Fished the beach from 8:30 - 12:30am without a touch. What a day!
Well aside from the breathtaking (when you have 6 of these guys pass directly under the boat 6-10' down) visuals that the basking sharks provided my attemps to prove Capt Ray with a taste of the best of Chatham fishing went for naught yesterday.
We traveled to all my recent hot numbers, found bait at times in boggling quantities but our fishy friends didn't cooperate. Found one or two small schools of mixed bass / blues off Chatahm light (which in retrospect I'm upset with myself for not being more patient with ) but that was the sum of it.
Ray was his patient and entertaining self, but by 12:30 I'm sure he needed to get a fish 'fix' provided by the Polish ambassador to Nauset Tony S. !
Well, I consider myself 'eaten by the bear' from yesterday. Off day today with the family. Hope things shape up again soon.

Many thanks Ray!

ps: Ray took these frames from his video camera. You should hear the 'narrative' that took place as they were turning under the boat......!

Last edited by Bob Pink; 07-09-2002 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:25 PM

Bob -

The expletives on the sound track are encoded permanently. This will be used in adult entertainment shows only. So I guess that excludes showing the piece at the family casting clinic unless we turn the volume down. Roop will be glad to preview and edit the volume control.

Even Nauset Tony S. thought at times the vulgar language was rather excessive. "What the flunk is this," was his statement.

Bob ..... Nice to share front row seats with ya in one of natures spectacles. Kinda like being on the set of National Geographic together.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Flats Rat

Jimmy

No sweat - these guys got no teeth - big time plankton feeders.

However they may be inclined to give you a nasty "suck" if you get too close :hehe:

Used to see them back in the South West U.K. in springtime - West Coast of Scotland too I believe.

Very cool pic - can't wait to see the video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.