Chatham-7/7- Morning - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2002, 12:01 PM
President of CAC

Chatham-7/7- Morning

Brendan O'B and I went out this morning ... saw fish...caught a few... bumped into some local Chatham buddies who said the stripers were thick at between 3 to 5 am... we started out at 5:30. Lots of Dog fish... birds sporadic but many whales... 3 to 5 mile off shore. Two photo's below......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2002, 12:05 PM
President of CAC

36 inches:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00493.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	638  
Old 07-07-2002, 12:11 PM
President of CAC

Brendan with whale in the picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00497.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	639  
Old 07-07-2002, 06:37 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
....aaaargh.....Have you seen the WHITE WHALE!...

John...'missed you at the LightHouse at 0500! Juro did well, I got the skunk off with one mid-twenty (incher), but Tyler only got a few bumps in between his 130' casts...Better luck tomorrow!

That "whale" shot would have looked alot more dramatic if you had raised the harpoon over your left shoulder!
Talktoyousoon!
Old 07-07-2002, 11:08 PM
President of CAC

Pete, I will expect to see you at the light house Friday morning...back to work tomorrow... I hope Tyler makes it to CAC before he leaves... I will call this week....It seems things are picking up down our way. I understand Ryan will be in town this week and hope to meet him...I will contact Juro... will anybody else on the forum be in Chatham this comming weekend?
Old 07-08-2002, 11:48 AM

I'm looking it over John. I'll let you know. Gotta come down at least once a year and keep youz guys honest. Been working too hard on my home addition and not fishing enough.

Lefty
Old 07-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

The Pacific Northwest FORUM contingent is here thru Friday night (12th). They head to Providence early Sat morning. I have asked for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off from work to show them around while they enjoy the generous accomodations of area 61. Needless to say Pete and I will be hitting the coastline with the Kush and Doublespey with a vengeance those days!

BTW - Pete Gray is really quite the excellent host. We are grateful that we can have exchanges of this sort due to the generosity of people like Penguin. Pete, I hope you have a chance to fly out and stay in the "Martini Bar" on the banks of some mighty British Columbia river with Kush, or float the Skykomish with Doublespey someday soon. Maybe a fall coho salmon conclave at Sekiu would be the ticket, same terminal gear as stripers and tons of fun battling salmon while still feeding in the ocean.

In any case, this is all possible because of people like Pete... thanks Penguin!
Old 07-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Flats Rat

I was lucky enough to enjoy Pete's hospitality this past week-end too.

Upon pulling up at area 61 on 7/4 I was greeted by a Canadian Air Force flag (in honor of Tyler and Sandy) and a Union Jack fluttering over the front door!

With the tides getting better each day, you guys are set for an awesome week!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:24 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Also wanted to mention Sean McDermott, who picked up Tyler and Sandi and got them to the rental car agency in Providence from the train station. It was a good 15 miles and an important part of their return plans thus greatly appreciated I'm sure. Ironically, the rental car was the same as Sean's car! Nice, I love the way the back seats fold down to extend the inside cabin... long enough a two-pc flyrod for sure.

And Adrian lending Tyler his Loomis after a breakage out on the Rip Trip, where finding anything you didn't bring is a problem! Nice save Adrian!

Also the Estey Bros and Tom Dunlap lending their boats to the sortie' fleet on Saturday. After a couple of soft-sand marches one really appreciates a propulsion system and a hull. Thanks guys!

To everyone who has offered to help out, even though we may not have been able to hook up so far thanks for offering and hope we can get together before they have to head back west.

Of all the great things about the FORUM the spirit of sharing our home waters has to be among the BEST!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:38 PM
President of CAC

Juro. I will be down fishing on Friday... Can you be sure to try and make sure Tyler gets to CAC... I have "Certain" Photo sessions planned for his ceremonial swearing in to CAC
Old 07-08-2002, 11:14 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

...let's hear it for duck tape...

John...
Tyler and Sandi are "bound" to be there Friday night...They are looking forward to meeting the man behind the stasch and will not be denied!
Tyler got a swell Dennis yak-attack keeper (that was kindly released after a photo-op)...sight-fishing da' flatz wuzz a real challenge! No easy fish but, if effort counts, this guy is hard-core and a pleasure to fish with...'Good thing every day is Saturday at Area 61!
This has been quite a week and the FAT LADY hasn't even warmed up yet!
...and when Brian arrives from Seattle the SWAT team will be at the ready...
Hang on Jaspir, we're headin' for the rhubarb!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Steelhead-a-holic

Talking Where's My Harpoon???

My Harpoon's packed and I'm ready to leave!!! Hope that whale's still out there.

Seriously, looking forward to meeting Pete, Striblue and the rest of the gang and doing some serious Commando fishing while I'm there.

see you on the water,

Brian
Old 07-09-2002, 12:40 PM
President of CAC

..... yes an we will be waiting.... you are subject to a CAC swearing in as well...full ceremony with photos...you get to wear the Fez.... wear the sacred robe and hold the ultra secret Monomoy seal skull.:eyecrazy:
Old 07-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Middle Aged Member

When is this taking place? I gotta see this.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:06 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

...wasshappenin...

...Takin' the WestCoast clan for an 0900 RipRyder run out to South Beeeach on Wednesday...maybe Thursday azzz well.
Friday may start off at the LightHouse at 0500 then migrate over to the "inside" at 0830...
...And eventually find our way to the CAC for a certain "ceremony" and official "induction" (where they may or may not learn the secret handshake?!...depending on the "double secret" vote)
More to follow...Pictures at eleven!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.