Fly Fishing Forum banner

Can't get the skunk off

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
Headed up to Maine to spend a few days with some family and fished Ogunquit area and Nubble Light House - nadah. Also fished the York River up from the Harbah - again - nadah.

Saw very little bait in all the areas I happened to check out over the two days. Last year around this time I was wading in the Ogunquit and had 100's of pollack bumping in to me. Guy with a meat stick caught a 26" at the lighthouse, but that was all I saw caught in the two days.

Gotta head to Plum Island next week and try my luck there. Anybody have any experience in that area over the past week or so?

TL,

Dve

#2 ·
You should've taken a drive up to hook up with the down'easters who have been spankin' good fish up north of you (see the posts). Worth the drive, stop in at Bean's afterward as well.

Warm weather is cooking PI right now, IMHO time to focus on cool salt, not warm brackish river water.

#3 ·
Juro - any suggestionsthat are close to "home"? I was thinking of calling the boys from the Great White North - but time was limited. Had to sneak out early mornings and get back before they noticed I was missing - if ya get my drift.

I have to commit to one of those Rip Trips. If possible, can ya give me a heads up. Still looking for that "keeper on a fly"

TL,

#5 · (Edited)
I've been doing well at Fort Popham. The bait slingers have arrived but there is always plenty of room for all.

The tides are favorable the next few days- dead low at 3:20 this afternoon, in a day or two the lowering light and rising tide converge for the best conditions I've had there this year.

I spent the day with Ian and Brenda at the beach at the fort today. Didn't fish real hard as it was a family day- only caught one but the sun was high and very bright and there were a lot of jet skis skipping over my favorite rips.

If you find yourself up this way Tuesday or Wednesday evening give me a shout and maybe we can connect with some bass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.