Pocassett area fishing??? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2002, 03:02 PM

Pocassett area fishing???

I'll be in Pocassett for a family reunion on July 13th. The reunion is at a home on the beach and would like to sneak away for a little bit of beach fishing if I see any fish feeding. What is the policy now as far as walking on private beach? Is there a rule for walking below tide line or a dead low tide rule? Boy Hawaii was a great place to live when it came to public beach rights, the public had all the rights. Here in Washington State the land owner has all the rights unless one is Native American. I know Mass is somewhere in between so what's the scoop?

I've only fished the Pocassett area once years ago from a boat in July and if I remember right stripers begin to be hard to find in that area as the sulk begins. Am I right about that? Hey if true hows fly fishing for Scup & what ever they are called, Totauge?

And again if any of you boys from the south shore, Weymouth area want to fish before work or after I'm most likely free July 11th, 12th and 16th. Have not checked the moon situation yet but night fishing should be picking up between the two rivers and in and around the old piers in the dark for big fish.
Thanks
OC
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2002, 06:39 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

OC -

That weekend should be a winner. Good tides. We will have Kush and Doublespey on Cape, you might consider heading down there.

Roop is your best source for info on Pocassett.

hope we hook up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2002, 07:57 AM

OC

Pocasset can be tought that time of year, I always found night fishing to be most productive (less boat traffic).

Try heading in from the Pocasset River and working towards the channel off Toby's (SP?) island, on a dropping tide, casting your favorite kind of night fly across current & letting it swing. Always good for a fair number of schoolies. Makes you think an 8 weight is tha biggest rod you would need but beware, thereare some monsters that commute through the area.

PM me for more info.

Good luck, have fun.

Roop
Old 07-02-2002, 01:57 PM

Thanks Roop for the info, If I get the chance I'll give it a try. It's funny when one goes on vacation and it's family involved one should have another name for it besides vacation. It's a amazing how they love to plan my vacation for me with out me knowing and it's all good intentioned but I get so tired after a week I need another vacation to rest up. For me a lot of the fun is that I'll be able to wade in warmer water than we have in the NW and most of all smell the Alantic Ocean, God, that ocean smells good.
Thanks for the reply.
OC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.