Women - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2002, 09:10 AM

Women

On a bright note my girlfriend dumped me last night. The reasoning you may ask? My hobby! I spend too much time tying flies and fishing. Now you tell me, is 2-3 days a week too much? The 2-3 days are usually weekdays as so I can take the ungrateful pain in my ass to dinner and blow my hard earned cash treating her like a queen on the weekends! Well now I have 7 days a week to fish and all my well earned loot can go towards new gear and to save for my 18ft Maritime w/ Poling Platform and rear casting deck.

Now if the fish start to argue with me and my dream boat gives me lip I will be really P/O.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2002, 09:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
uh, um....

congradulations on you disengagement. Tom D
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 AM
CND The Spey Underground

Let me mix some paraphrases... "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em - but if you try sometime you just might find what you need."

The right one is out there - but I do commend you - don't settle for less than the right one!

ps. I amost forgot - 3 more sleeps until my wife and I come out to your coast for for our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip - that includes 10 days fishing the Cape (and it was her idea!). Like I said, they are out there.

Still Living Large!

Last edited by kush; 06-26-2002 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:33 AM

I always liked, "can't live with em, can't leave them by the side of the road"

THe right one is out there. Mine just told me I shold buy a boat I was looking at..... Sorry, her sisters are all married.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:10 AM

Mike,

When I was chasing women in my twenties, I relegated my fly fishing days to during the week when I could take off to the NY catskills for trout or perhaps the delaware for shad. None of the ladies I dated or married (now 25 years) were into fishing.

Good luck with new extra time and funds for fishing? :hehe:

Fred,

What a new drift boat is in your plans now ?

Hal
Old 06-26-2002, 11:12 AM
BB5 Survivor

Roop's Ride

Roop --

my offer for a test drive still stands....

-j
Old 06-26-2002, 11:45 AM

Good Days

I'm sure one of these days the right little lady will walk into my life. Until that day I will fish and enjoy the company and conversation of good friends. Maybe the next one will appreciate the fact I'm not out grabb'n hiney at the local watering hole with the fella's.

If I am truely lucky I may find one with a love of the water and a new 20ft Action Craft!

( A man can dream can't he? )

On a side note Mark Sedotti called me last night to report the Cinder Worm Hatch is in full swing in Port Chester Harbor as well as Cos Cobb. Hopefully we will get out on Thursday night if conditions are right.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:11 PM

You lucked out man. Better to find out now.

"Can't live with em , can't shoot em".
Old 06-26-2002, 12:29 PM

Thumbs up The breaks

You all are right. Better to find out know before I go blow my boat money on a shiney rock! Although I have the same feeling as the day I lost a 30lb Stripe 6 ft from shore due to a faulty knot. I'm sure everyone has been there. As crappy as I may feel I still have a good out look. As the saying goes " There are pleanty of fish in the sea". They may not be blitzing around me but a few swirls and boils keeps me in the game.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:45 PM

Hal, no new drift boat in my plans ... actually

have a 16' glass boat in the side yard that's never seen the water on the Rogue. Days and days on the Chetco when we had our second home in Brokings, OR. Good thing about being on the top end of the river is there is a lot of public access to the river; much of it seeing very little use. Example: took my neighbors father out this weekend below Touvelle Park boat launch. In about 3000 yards of river front we were the only two bank anglers.

ST69: Sometimes Bad news can be good news. Poor example of this is my first wife and I were married for over 23 years. The first 10-12 were a lot of fun .... the rest pure hell. When we split up I had the great fortune to meet Joan and it's been the best 17 years of my adult male life. Even our respective kids like each other. Also pretty hard for 'wife #1' to speak poorly of her when, if it weren't for 'she's got my husband,' theirs nothing negative to say.
fe
Old 06-26-2002, 02:22 PM

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for the pep talk! It sure helps to know that everyone else has been there and done that. Actually I'm looking forward to some downtime for myself instead if running all over the country side every day. I can finally watch ESPN outdoors in the morning in peace and quiet. I can finally finish my Spey Rod and spend some time learning to cast it. The future is looking brighter by the minute.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Here fishy fishy

Mike - FWIW, was dumped a few years back (well, ok 15) while in college by my 'sweetheart'. Devastated.

One year later, after she'd graduated I met a sweet little frosh. We start dating, I eventually meet her folks. Turns out her dad fishes, flyfishes actually. Oh, did she mention he's a bit fanatical? At the time, I did not flyfish.

15 years later (9 married), we have 3 boys, a house, about 10 flyrods, a canoe & a kayak, and my biggest fishing buddies are my dad-in-law, bro-in-law and brother. Wife doesn't complain too much - it was all her fault for inviting my to CT to meet her folks back in the summer of '88! Alas she has not sisters, but...

They're out there!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Once

A few years back I met a girl whose father was an author of some flyfishing book and for the life of me I cant remember her name or his. I blew her off because she was a bit to crabby and stuffy for my likings.

A friend of mine met a woman who flyfished and tied her own flies and as rumor had it was a "wild thang"

Why he dumped her I'll never know! He's married now to another woman but every now and again he'll mention her in conversation. She must have tied one hell of a fly if he still brings her up.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Exclamation geez, I hope I wasn't being a jerk Mike

I just looked at my original post.... I hope it was taken in the humorous spirit I meant it. I've been thru 2 divorces, and can tell you from experience... "it's worth waiting for the right one" my wife of 12 yrs(my 3rd) bought me a sweet boat(Jones Bros.) for my 50th birthday (and she doesn't fish or care much for boating). keep the faith Mike... be good, and good will come to you. Tom D
Old 06-26-2002, 05:53 PM
President of CAC

My wife doesn't fish..never did...she gives me trouble every now and then but it's because I do have certain responsibilities with three kids...but all in all it works out , after all there has to be certain things we just don't have in common. Beside how would I be able to get away from it all if she was making those great solitary walks down the beach with me at 5 am. Mike..don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.