Fishing with Juro - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2002, 12:21 PM

Fishing with Juro

I had a tremendous time on the water with Juro on Saturday. He can make a rainy day fun!!!

I indeed was a very lucky winner at the CCA banquet and have told all my fly fishing friends about flyfishingforum.com.
I can't believe I didn't have this site marked in my favorites
Next CCA trip is the spey casting lesson with Capt Doug Jewett in Brunswick, ME. GOAL Throw 90 feet with one false cast!

Dan Doc
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Pleasure was all mine Dan! Nice to fish with such a great caster and fish magnet. Those were some brutes you landed, and the ones that didn't come in were something too!

Hope you have a very enjoyable outing with Doug, 90 feet with one backcast should be easy for you with two hands. Sounds like the fish are showing strong downeast too, according to Chris Delisle.

Let's hook up for round two soon!

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2002, 02:03 PM

Juro,
Let's do it!
I'm out on the the weekend of the 29-30th. I'm boating to Cuttyhunk for 9th annual gathering of college friends. It started as the Menemsha fly tourney in 1993 and has migrated to Block Island and now these past 2 years to the Cuttyhunk Fishing Club. We have a trophy that goes to biggest fish caught - like the Stanley cup the list of champions grows. I think I will be proposing a venue change if you know what I mean.
Good group of 15.
Expect 15 new FlyFishingForum members after that weekend.
Does your calander have an open date for round 2?

All my Best

DanDoc
Old 06-19-2002, 10:05 PM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

A dumb question...

Juro-san,

Your reputation has spread to the warm and mung-filled waters of New Joisey. Do you guide in addition to your other activities, or was this s special CCA-related gift? Brother Penguin regaled me with tales of your wisdom and frankly, I was impressed.

Besides, I want to compare notes on Deep Eel patterns.

Best regards,

-Doc
Old 06-20-2002, 07:58 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Hi Doc -

This is my sixth year shore guiding for stripers in New England waters (moved back here from Seattle seven years ago) - but I try not to be no more evident about it than any other sponsor of the FORUM, in fact less than some

I only book trips on or around weekends, Fri / Mon OK thru the season but still maintain a dotcom dayjob that is rather demanding in the current economy. With a second kid entering college in September it's all helpful, believe me.

During the week give Randy Jones a call, our sponsor, who guides 7 days a week. If you want to try the big beaches, call Harry Koons who will get you to Nauset's famous inlet (exclusive north beach) with T&T 12x12 two-handers if you like. (I also have oversand access on Nauset from Orleans to Chatham on the south side).

Anyway, I'm currently revising my personal website, once completed all the details, reports, and info will be avail.

Feel free to contact me offline for any further information, and thanks for the interest.

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.