CAUTION!!! only read this if you like to laugh at idiots! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2002, 03:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Unhappy CAUTION!!! only read this if you like to laugh at idiots!

What a moron!!! took the boat out this AM spent 4 hrs + lookin for fish in the harbor... nada! then I'm heading back, see a nice lookin drop on the FF so I stp to cast a few times, nada, so I decide that's it and I'm heading in. cough, chug, cough, cough... argh... what's going on? can't start it, turning over fine. doh! he here I sat, feeling like Homer Simpson... what could it be, maybe something wirt the kill switch. nope. so after my chicken whith it's head cut off act for a couple minutes I settle down. ok Tom, use logic, you have power, check. you have gas, right... hmmmm, can't be gas... I've got that HUGE 60 GALLON TANK, RIGHT??? just to make sure I squeeze the bulb. huh? no way... can't be... WHAT AN AS@#$*%!!! so some nice guy comes along just then and tows me to the gas dock at Hewetts. where I thansk the guy and eat a double order of humble pie. as Bugs Bunny would say... "what a maroon" :eyecrazy: Tom D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2002, 03:22 PM
President of CAC

Atta Boy, Tom. The trials of the new boat owner.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Fluff

Bugs Bunny was RIGHT !!!

Tom - thanx for that excellent piece of entertainment:hehe:

I just want to know if it's okay to laugh uncontrollably in the office and have one's associates ask 'what the hell is so funny..."

"...never mind, you wouldn't get it" - believe me, they wouldn't (I'll laugh about that several more times, I'm sure - I think John's choice addition makes it better still )

Last edited by DFix; 06-17-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Flats Rat

Tom

That's almost as good as me discovering that my 4 pc Loomis GLX had become a 3pc whilst walking back to the car a couple of weeks back. Yes, I managed to "lose" (rather than "break") the tip of my recently replaced rod (tip broken on Bahamas trip last April).

I figure - no way are Loomis going to let me get away with the $50 Xpediter service but bless 'em, they said just send it back anyway. The new rod turned up three days later.

Oh, how did I manage to lose the tip? Easy, for some unknown reason I decided to take the fly off and reel in all the line before making the walk back. "duhhh?"

Good job there was no one around, the string of expletives I gave myself back at the causway doesn't bear repeating.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Talking I did have a nice anchor though

when I found I couldn't start, I drifted right into a lobster pot line... how convenient, an anchor just when I needed one. so I figured why untangle to just throw my anchor out... I'm just glad I pulled that bonehead stunt in a safe place. start of the incoming off wesagusett beach . I could have drifted in and swam ashore. then drive to a gas station if I had to. I'm glad I was able to entertain you folks. Tom D

Last edited by tomd; 06-17-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:55 AM
CantAnchorUs

Funny you should mention the kill switch. I never knew about it until I was all the way back to Rhoddy after being towed in off of Barnstable Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say that will never happen again. I never owned a boat before this year, lets just say the learning curve has been steep!
Slinger
Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Fluff

Quote:
Originally posted by Slinger
Funny you should mention the kill switch. I never knew about it until I was all the way back to Rhoddy after being towed in off of Barnstable Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say that will never happen again. I never owned a boat before this year, lets just say the learning curve has been steep!
Slinger
(geez, where's Bugs Bunny when ya need him )
Old 06-18-2002, 09:32 AM

Could be worse..

Try being towed in by a Jet Ski after running out of gas. But I would know nothing about that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.