A good night - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2002, 12:40 PM

Talking A good night

My buddy at work comes over at the end of the day and says, what do you think? He's of course talking fishing. I've been occupied with projects around the house and various family responsibilities for a couple weeks = No Fishing . I really should finish the deck and do this and that etc... I decide to go fishing. It was the right choice. Rich, Chuck and I get the yaks in the water a little after 7pm, light SW wind=no bugs and a strong tide = a bunch of fish. We fished 'til ~ 9pm and had a blast. The fish ranged from feisty twinkies to ~29". I was amazed at how strong the fish were. We probably spooked 100's but all caught a ride or two in the yaks from some of the stronger fish. I lost one real nice one, ran back towards me. One put me into the backing on a tight drag, which is unusual when fishing from the yak, normally the boat moves before the reel spins. These fish were screaming. If anyone gets the fishing reports from the Baymen shop it's a much better read than this post. All I can tell you is he's not kidding, it's smokin' out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Here fishy fishy

HEY JIM! WHAT!?! No call? Man - skip reading the board for a day and then hear about this!

Seriously, great stuff. Glad to hear that the long wand was working the other night.

Are you going out tonight? I'm debating it. Drop me a line and let me know if you're planning to be out & perhaps I'll try to cut out of work early and get the yak on the car.

Tod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.