Killed the skunk! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2001, 09:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
Killed the skunk!

In an effort to kill the skunk still steadfast in my waders from last weekend, I swung by Squantum for the last two hours of outgoing tonight.

Right around low I started to see some action on the surface...on went the gurgler...and WHAMMMMOO!!!...the smallest striper I ever seen. But hot damn, if it wasn't pullin' on my line.

Anyway, I killed that rascally skunk in my waders...just in time to get serious tomorrow.

Oddly enough, I got sprayed by a real skunk on the walk back to the car. I hope that's not a sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2001, 10:18 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

LOL! I hope you were joking... or you'll have to drive your own car to the water tomorrow ;-)
Old 05-12-2001, 12:02 AM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Way to go Jeff.

It's 12:23 AM, and I'm getting up in 4 hours to hit Wollaston before my wife and son wake up. I'll have iced coffee and bagels on the table for her by 8 AM, and maybe some Munchkins for the boy.

It looks as though I'm spin fishing tomorrow as well, since I haven't fully set up the new RPLXi & Ross Canyon yet. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon after I ready the yaks for the clave.

~Mark
Old 05-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Flyfishing on the brain..

I caught something on every cast at Wollaston this morning.......seaweed. In fact, I've included a "skunked" for each cast that brought back the green stuff.

skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked, skunked!
Old 05-12-2001, 12:07 PM
Middle Aged Member

Broke my personal skunk yesterday afternoon at Bass River. A 14 -16" micro but at this time I'll take it. Wife was not impressed. Only stayed about 45 minutes.

Fred A.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.