"Fishing Aint So Bad" - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2002, 03:18 PM

"Fishing Aint So Bad"

No wonder I gave up hunting 30 years ago

Cute though

http://users3.ev1.net/~jtclay/fishin.htm

P.S. Sure hope those summer runs get in soon, so I can stop posts like this.

Last edited by pmflyfisher; 06-09-2002 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2002, 05:05 PM

Hal, I'm in total agreement ...

you obviously have far too much time on your hands. Go paint a bedroom; make some points with the Miss'es.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:11 PM

Fred, I painted the bed room she wanted on Memorial Day weekend, hope she does not think of anything else with summer runs coming in soon. BTW, for a moment I thought that bubba angler was one of those Rouge drift rod guys throwing those 2 ounce sinkers to get into those springers out there. Some set up he had with that 200 lb test don't you think ?

We need some levity once in a while, it can't all be serious fly fishing discussions you know.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:15 PM

Well on the upppppper Rogue today I was, with a minor exception..

the only fly-guy. A couple of guide boats went by me (Dave Rogers the Manager of the "Outdoor Store" in Medford. His folks were the one's who were so kind as to open up at 7am when we had the Charity Clinic so the guys could get licenses, etc.

Did have quite a collection of folks watching the spey rods work; I could chuck it as far with a dry line and heavy tube as they could dump their 1-2 oz of lead .... read that the other side of the river. I'm just 'prettier.'

Ton of fish, with several caught while I was there. No joy for me until I moved down stream/across river. Hooked/landed one about 15-18# on the Sage 15' 9wt using a BIG tube fly and a 30' Type 4 head. Not pretty to cast but it gets the job done in the deeper pools.
fe
Old 06-09-2002, 10:43 PM

You just have to love the last words in the cartoon. "Edna, I got another one for you to clean"
Old 06-09-2002, 11:18 PM

Yep, but would not work with my educated italian-lithuanian princess animal loving wife. You know where I would be if I tried that.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:10 AM

Hal, you would be in the same place I would be if I tried that. The question is which one of us would get there fastest.

Isn't there some smallmouth fishing in the lake around Chicago. I remember thinking that there had be some interesting fishes hanging around the rip rap bordering the shoreline the last time I was in the windy city. Maybe that would hold you over until the summer runs come in.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:49 AM

John,

Lots of good smallmouth right on the lake front and all around the Lake Michigan shores where there is rock structure. Not good fly fishing opportunities though. But we have a several great small mouth rivers within one hour of chicago which have nice fly rod water. Between steelhead seasons I work on my golf game. Once you get steelhead in your blood, it is a sickness that is hard to purge yourself of. Right other hard core steelheaders like Juro, Fred, etc... They are called a cult game fish, and yes this is the only cult I am a member of for sure.

Hal
Old 06-10-2002, 12:10 PM

I understand Hal. Think of the expose a news show could do on the cult.

"On tonights show we look at the steelhead cult. You may not know their there but men are drawn to rivers to seek steelhead at all hours of the day in all possible weather conditions. What drives men to the waters. The subtle hold of a mythical creature that leads some to ritualistic trade in bits and pieces of animals, spending thousands of dollars to chase an elusive wild animal.... "

I guess I need to get out fishing as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.