I'll tell u a secret if you tell me one - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Will fish for beer

Talking I'll tell u a secret if you tell me one

OK, Since nobody is going to tell me where to fish around VA beach, OBX, DelMar Peninsula, I guess I'm going to have to bribe you.

Here's my secret...for super deals on gear like Powell rods and Abel reels, check out Sierratradingpost.com

Now...about those locations out east...

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2002, 08:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Thumbs up try here

I think you aren't getting answered cuz we don't know the area, we are mostly in New England and Pacific NW . try this board, it is based further south. Tom D
http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/
or this one
http://www.stripersonline.com/cgi-bi...i?action=intro

Last edited by tomd; 06-06-2002 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:09 PM
Will fish for beer

Thank you kindly, sir.

That's better.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --by Jack Handy
Old 06-07-2002, 01:32 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

I have to agree with Tom most of us aren't familiar with the area. Perhaps Capt Gordon will respond if he's not too busy hooking fat alberts, redfish or tuna these days. Judging from the water temps down there fishing should be great right now.

We are overdue for a report, perhaps he'll check in soon or better yet send off a personal mail and maybe he'll get back to you and give you some ideas. I thought he mentioned some spots around Virginia beach on an earlier post.

Tight lines,
Greg.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Recent Member

Delmarva info

Redleg,

I don't know when you would like to head down there but Oct/Nov is a great time to head down to Harkers Island and fish for false albacore. Whereas most folks are delighted to get albies in the 4-8 lb range on Cape Cod, down at Harkers you can get albies up to the 20lb mark. That is a boga-grip weighed fish, not some WAG. You can reach them at

Harkers Island Fishing Center
Motel and Marina
PO Box 400, Harkers Island, N.C. 28531
Phone: 252-728-3907 Fax: 252-728-6405

Pls note that their accommodations are, shall we say, modest. But you can keep your boat in a slip right out front and the people could not be nicer.

There is a water taxi that will drop you off at the bight but it can be frustrating watching all of the boaters stick fish that are just out of your shore range. HIFC can put you in contact with the water taxi number (have it at home--not here).

If you want to stay further north, contact Brian Horsley and Sarah Gardner of Flat Out fishing charters. They fish out of Nags Head and are into fish all summer long. Stripers, blues, cobia, shark, redfish. Their URL is: http://www.outerbanksflyfishing.com/ and they have beaucoup information in their fishing reports which are regularly updated.

Now, if you want fishing information even further north I would take the recommendations from Tomd and check out the tidalfish.com page. Tons of information. If you're looking for a guide on the Chesapeake I would give Brady Bounds a call out of Lexington Park, MD. The guy knows the Bay like you know your garage. He is the cat's meow. He can be reached at: (301) 862-3166.

Anyway, hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Mark
Old 06-07-2002, 09:46 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Since I am going to check out your referral, I felt like I had to post

First of all - great info from those who had knowledge to share.

If I may get a little philosophical... (ala Jack Handey)

We should look at every unanswerable question as a reason to bring those home waters into our community. If you know someone, ask them to sign up and post something. If you know a captain, ask him if he'd consider sponsoring us with a trip or help with site costs in exchange for a banner and an open invitation to participate in the community directly as a professional member. Unknowns are not limitations, they are opportunities!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.