My week at Emerald Isle - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2002, 12:25 PM

Talking My week at Emerald Isle

As I promised here is the report on my fishing experience at Emerald Isle, NC. Or maybe I should call it a non-report as the fish where I was didn't seem to be hitting much of anything I put out in the water. This must have been the timing of my trip as I talked to several other people fishing the surf and their experience was the same. Most people were fishing with bait and a heavy weight to carry it far out into the surf.

The home we stayed at was about a quarter mile from the Bogue Inlet and I had the opportunity to fish the surf and the Inlet. Actually I think I may have had it up on those who were fishing with bait as I caught one Blue (15") in the surf at the point where the Inlet starts and one Flounder (12") in the Inlet. Both were caught using a Sand Eel pattern which my son, Gregg, taught me to tie.

I may have had better luck if I had fished every day but as this was a vacation for more than myself, some time was spent doing tourist type things. I found the people living on the banks to be very friendly, polite and helpful. My thanks to Captain Gordon and Dr. Bogus for their help pointing me in the right direction even though the fish were not cooperating while I was there. Emerald Isle is a delightful place and I will surely return to try my luck again.
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Recent Member

THE OUTER BANKS IS A GREAT PLACE I USED TO LIVE DOWN OUT SIDE OF ELIZABETH CITY AND FISHED THE OREGON INLET SOME AND LOTS OF THE TIDAL STREAMSBEFORE MOVING BACK TO THE MIDWEST PUPPY DRUM AND SPECKS WERE WHAT I USUALY CAUGHT ITS ALOT OF FUN I WAS THINKING IF I COULD GET AWAY ON A VACATION THIS SUMMER OF GOING BACK FOR A WEEK OR SO MAYBE THE HORSES CAN GO WITHOUT SHOES LONG ENUFF FOR ME TO GO FISHING DOWN THERE ITS BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE MY LAST TRIP AND IT WAS MY HONEYMOON SO I DIDNT GET ALOT OF FISHING TIME......

JD MASCHINO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2002, 02:27 PM
NC Fly Guy

Papa G,
I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Sorry the fishing wasn't better for you. Surf fishing is pretty difficult even when it is really good. I am glad to help whenever you are headed this way.

JD,
STOP YELLING. Turn off the Caps Lock. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:04 PM

That's quite a sentence, JD. You said a mouthful.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Recent Member

well sorry about the caps there capt. and i failed to realize i had to have proper english and i's dotted and t's crossed to post ill study some before my next post.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:36 PM
Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Send a message via AIM to Stone Send a message via Yahoo to Stone
Hey JD, not all of us are english majors by any stretch of the imagination, but it is expected that spelling, grammar and punctuation would be correct, or at least as best that you can do...

Papa-G, hope you still had a good time. That stuff can be downright tough...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.