Great Weekend - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2002, 09:24 AM

Thumbs up Great Weekend

I started the weekend by going to Mohegan Sun in CT with the girlfreind to drop my piddly $100 bucks in the slot machines ( not a big gambler ).The whole ride up I was debating if I should get a new rod for my the trip to the Cape in June. Being that I own a total of 15 rods and reels ( spinning & fly )my new girlfriend made this note " Do you really need another? " Point well taken plus I did not really have the cash. After 3hrs of slots we decided to leave but not before I put my last $20 in a $1 slot machine. Well, the powers that be must have decided that I deserved a new 9wt 5pc RPLXI because I won $1,800 !!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping around like fat on a hot griddle with visions of swirling stripers and my new rod bent to the cork. I picked up the rod and a Ross BG5 to go with it on Sunday. SWEET set up!

Now the fishing report for Norwalk:

Monday was foggy and rainy but the water was like a mirror. I walked out 1/4 mile on a sand flat @ The Mill Pond to be greeted by a guy in his Hewes flats boat and an acre of swirling fish. They turned out to be HUGE Hickory Shad.The way they were jumping and cartwheeling I felt like Flip casting to baby Tarpon on some exotic island. No Stripes but I picked up 14 Hickory's and the biggest Sea Robbin I had ever seen! All in all a Great Weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Recent Member

ugh!! from your girlfriend!!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:51 AM
President of CAC

Steelhead... you "know" you can never have enough equipment.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:57 AM
Fly chucker

Nice weekend......I hope that you didn't use your entire season's worth of good karma already.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:16 AM

True

Very True Striblue! Try explaining that line of thinking to a woman who thinks fishing involves a bunch of guys sitting around drinking beer,cursing women and using worms for bait! She's the most wonderful girl in the world but hasn't yet grasped the concept of flyfishing yet. I am doing my best to make her see the light. Before long I hope to have her throwing and 8/0 Bunker fly 100ft+...................... a man can dream can't he?
Old 05-28-2002, 11:43 AM

Fishermans Codebook Rule #67B subparagraph 2a clearley states: "Never divulge to your significant other, or talkative neighbors, the exact number of rods in ones possesion"

Lefty
Old 05-28-2002, 12:00 PM

Damn!

No one told me to study that chapter!!! Nor did any one tell me about Rule#82c subparagraph 4e " Never divulge the exact cost of equipment purchased.If significant other should requests such information, round down minimum of $300."

She saw the price tag of my new rod and reel and nearly....... well let me just say that the Doctor said he had removed many shoes from that area over the years and there would be no lasting effects.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:43 PM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

Speaking of shoes...

Why not tell her that that next rod is like her next pair of shoes? After all, how many pairs of shoes do you need?

Make certain she's in a really good mood before you go there, however, or another trip to the ER for a shoe-removal may be in order.

Seriously, good deal! Congrats for a winning weekend.

Best regards,

-Doc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.