What an awsome weekend!! - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2002, 12:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
What an awsome weekend!!

Holy Cow
What an awsome speying it up weekend! Was an absolute pleasure to meet a great bunch of guys..
Met Juro,Doublespey,fishman26,Spey Bubba, and countles countless others. I estimated 200 people there Saturday and 100+ Sunday. Saw people getting one on one instruction by the likes of Steve Choate, Simon G,Andy Murray, Dec Hogan, Ed Ward the list goes on and on here too.
What an absolutely exceptional event I feel pretty confident in saying that This is most likely the most comprehensive spey event in the world!
( not that I am a world traveler, just if there was anything like this elswhere it would be a big deal that I would have heard of)

I think it would be a good thing that thoes of us who attended at least send Mark Bachman a thank you e-mail. he really took a back seat to everyone else yet he did most of the work to set it up. We owe him a round of applause, a thank you and probably should consider making your next big purchases through him..

Anyone who has any interest in spey fishing anywhere in the world should right now plan on attending this event next year.

Sorry you couldn't make it Fred you were missed..

Also thanks to Bob and Laura for the hospitality, it was awsome!!!

Any good writers here?? Someone who is better with words than me should draft a letter to the Oxbow park people also stating how appreciative we are.

I suppose I better post this in the "spey clave" section too...
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2002, 01:46 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I am speechless... my head's still in the puffy clouds drifting over the little bit of heaven we know as the Sandy River. When I come down, I will prepare a fitting report and photo gallery...

but right now I need to go back to the river...

Simon Gawesworth had our undivided attention at the Sandy River Spey Clave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	simon_far2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	449  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2002, 02:37 PM

The picture brings up another matter. It was not uncommon for a beach dweller to be nailed by an errant D - loop. And I got nailed once by no less than the great Juro, himself. I now have enough green yarn affixed to my pant leg for a couple green, silver salmon flies.

Juro, my rants haven't been so bad that you felt the need to get even, are they? Yarn or not, glad to have met you.

watersprite
Old 05-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Must have been those extra long belly lines!

Great meeting you.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:15 PM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
OK, you guys.
Although I loved the first clave and really wished I could attend this one, Mark unfortunately scheduled it to coincide with my annual tarpon trip. I was thinking of you all over the weekend, especially since the tarpon this year were not cooperative. I hooked up with only one for about 2 seconds, which I think translates to about $50,000 a minute (counting the 4 days of guiding and expenses). I'll not make the mistake(s) next year. Glad you all had a good time. I knew you would.
bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.