Brand new flyfishing website - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2002, 09:21 PM
extmtbiker

Talking Brand new flyfishing website

hi everyone I just wanted to tell everyone about a brand new flyfishing website, its www.nwfishing.cjb.net:hehe:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 10:04 PM

Don't want to be a wet blanket ... but went there and

?
Old 05-19-2002, 10:13 PM
extmtbiker

Question What do u mean ?????

What do u mean, u did not like it or does it need more. write back.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:16 PM

Will do!! The JoanMeister is beating on me to

get back to the new house plans. Made this a 'fav. site' on AOL; will tweek it throughly after the 'redhead' has stopped blowing in my ear. Gad, what a man will do .......

Back at you later tonight/early tomorrow.
Fred
Old 05-19-2002, 10:19 PM
extmtbiker

Question ?????? from extmtbiker

I still dont know what u mean. are you going to copy my website and change things or something else. I just want u to know that I am only 15 And those are things I have put together.
Geoff
Old 05-19-2002, 10:20 PM
FFF CCI

The pop-up advertising that appeared everytime I clicked on a new button was extremely annoying. I won't be going back to that site simply because of that.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:24 PM
extmtbiker

I will try to take off the pop ups sorry.

I am sorry for any pop ups that pop up if you choose to go to my site but I will try.

Geoff
Old 05-19-2002, 10:31 PM

Big Roger to that! And 'edit' post script.

Also locked up my computer (AOL) twice. Control, Alt, Dlt was only way I could reactive.

Anglefire may not be the best way to go?
fe

Sorry Son, missed your post mentioning your age. Not to worry about me 'tweeking' your site. Only time I'm allowed on the computer is with 'adult supervision.' 15 or 60 ... on the web and a 'significant female other' (read that the JoanMeister in my case) will monitor surfing "habits".

Good show on the format; just a few bugs to work out.
Fred

Last edited by fredaevans; 05-20-2002 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:49 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Change servers

You'll definitely need to change servers. Everytime you switch pages you get 3-4 popups. Gets annoying quick. Not too bad, but needs to be a bit more personalized. Seems to be more a link page to somewhere else (aka the nwfishing link). There's so many big BB's out there, you should just talk more about yourself and your insights and techs used while fishing. Plus, I love the eyeball measurements on that "15 inch" trout. You must be about 7'8" or so.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:34 PM

Re: Will do!! The JoanMeister is beating on me to

Quote:
Originally posted by fredaevans
after I get back to the new house plans....
Fred
Could it be that I have a brother in arms who is designing a new structure instead of fishing? I'm adding a 2 story structure on to my house (a kitchen included) and find it to be a lot of work. I'm doing some of the design too. Yikes, a million considerations! You?

Lefty

Last edited by Lefty; 05-20-2002 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:43 PM
President of CAC

Great start and a great subject.... keep working at it.. You have a nice set up to build from.. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Recent Member

Thumbs up

You're off to a great start!
Old 05-20-2002, 05:50 PM

Lefty, remember reading some time back that of the

10 most 'stressfull things you can do/have happen in your life building a new home ranked in about number 4 or 5. Beginning to think 'they' underestimated.

Only thing that's making this go rather soothly is I've been in mortgage lending for over 40 years and Joan's in about 30. So we've seen just about every mistake that can be made. Or so I thought.........

Starting with a fairly stock set of plans for a 2 story "Georgian Colonial" but needed to swap some rooms around, and other twiddlies on the first floor. Gave the mock-up drawings to the builder last week and were playing with them again Sunday morning. That was when Joan 'discovered' the button on the archt. program that allowed you to actually measure out what you had on paper.

Well first you discover that the outside wall doesn't close on one end (aka you can't get 3# of coffee into a 2# can); and the internal measurments don't work when you correct this little "bobo." Killed most of yesterday afternoon redesigning the lower level so all the 'coffee' would go back into the can. The revised floor plan drawings were actually better than the originals.

Cool thing about the Broderborn (sp?) program is will take the line drawings and turn them into a 3-D mock up so you can really see what you've done, insert furniture, etc. Builder loved them as he can really visualize what we're after in room layout, etc.

Off to the door company this morning .... had no idea we'd have to mortgage our first born male child! Keeerimeny! it's amazing how fast you can drop $2,500 - $3,000 just on a front door. Suggested heavy tarps to Joan ..... the look back was not pretty The Redhead just re-proved how little sence of humor a woman can have; salesman actually laughed. Part that makes this all the more interesting is Joan heads out on her first European trip this weekend and will be gone a month. Home three weeks then gone for about 2 months. Her involvement will be future yelling and screaming and looking at photo's on the web as we go along.

But the house sits way up off the street with an unobstructed view of half the Sysqu Mountains to the south to the Coastal range to the west. Even see about half of Medford. The extra good news is the builder is a fishing fanatic who hasn't done too well. One look at all my Spey Rods (9 I think now) and we've become fast friends.
fe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.