How bout some bellyaching about the wind? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2002, 02:45 PM

How bout some bellyaching about the wind?

I don't know about you cape guys but I'm fed up with this 10 straight days of wind!!!! Just have to find cover to fish .....AGAIN! Wait a minute, I still got a spinning rod down the basement...maybe I'll...
Hard core fishing tommorrow huh?

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2002, 03:47 PM

Angry No Fan

I am certainly not a fan of the wind. Its hard enough just to catch a few twinkies lately without having to fight the wind. Curse these storm fronts.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Middle Aged Member

I'm tired of it. Seems like every time I get out it's blowin 15 to 20. Surprise - I got down to Dennis tonight and it's FAC. Went down to the mouth of Bass river for about an hour. Too early in the outgoing and it was dead. Would have liked to hang around but my wife was getting itchy. Nice night though and it was a pleasure to cast. I guess the winds will be honkin by morning.
Old 05-18-2002, 07:20 AM
NC Fly Guy

Angry Wind

You should try poling a flats boat around in 20 kt wind. Lots of fun...not! Then you see some fish finally after looking through the water that has been stirred to the color of choc milk by the wind. Your angler tries to make a cast and it isn't even close to where the fish is. Try to hold the boat in position and just get pushed further and further away until you come to a really shallow spot and get stuck in the muck. Then you can't pole out of the shallow spot because the wind is too strong to go back from where you came from. My shoulders are getting bigger every day.
Old 05-18-2002, 08:03 AM
_

And if the wind isn't bad enough . . .

I looked out the window this morning and saw SNOW ! ! !

The Weather Channel has posted a Winter Weather Advisory for the Berkshires and eastern NY. Three to six inches is expected

Q
Old 05-18-2002, 08:19 AM

Wind chills of 35 degrees today in Chicago, will not be warming until Tuesday or so here. Look for more cold air coming east.
Old 05-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Just Plain Nuts

Angry And Rain

Just say some old guy in a big wooden boat and a bunch of animals floating by the house. We need the rain, but not all at one time!
Old 05-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Recent Member

Drove to Chatham last night and fished the last few hours of the outgoing. FAC and mild temps. It was awesome...except for the lack of fish.

Fishing at night is not my favorite activity. I was planning on spending the night and fishing in the rain but I bailed. I left at 1 AM and the rain had started and the winds had picked up. My weather radio was forecasting 35 knot winds for most of today.

-Mike

(Oops. As you can see I wound up crashing ay my parents' place last night and now I am posting from my Dad's Forum account!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.