Trout Unlimited and Orvis - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2002, 08:13 AM
Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

Send a message via AIM to Stone Send a message via Yahoo to Stone
Trout Unlimited and Orvis

Not sure if anyone else got the invite I just did, but thought you might be interested.

If you are not already a life member of TU, when you sign up before July 31st, Orvis will send you a free T3 rod OF YOUR CHOICE.

The life membership is $750, and the rod's are between $550 and $650 retail (both fresh and saltwater are available)

I don't really have the $750, but I am trying like heck to find it with a deal like that. Thought I would pass it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
...and if you become a life member of the Federation of Flyfishers (FFF) @ $750, you can receive a Sage XP 690-4 and a Ross Gunnison G-3 platinum reel. www.fedflyfishers.org.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:17 PM

This is nothing to do with anything. I just had to say something about jimS. Every time that I see that I kinda think that it's me. But I know that it isn't me as I sign off the same way only just a little different. Jim S. :hehe: :hehe:
Old 05-18-2002, 03:06 AM

...try this FFF link instead:

www.fedflyfishers.org/LifeDrive02.htm
Quote:
This year's campaign includes a 4 piece Sage 690-4 XP rod. This is a top of the line 6 weight travel rod that is suitable for most freshwater applications: bass, trout fishing the big waters of the west, perhaps even summer steelhead fishing. This is an in-line, fast action rod. The reel chosen to match the rod is Ross's Gunnison 3 Platinum Reel. The reel will be engraved with the FFF logo to commemorate your decision to become a life member.

The retail value of the rod and reel, together with the individual life membership in the FFF, is $1,270. With this special offer, the cost is only $750. Couples wishing to take part in this offer can get a joint life membership in the FFF together with 2 Sage rods and 2 Ross reels for only $1,250 (a value of $2,306).

This campaign is limited to the first 100 to sign up.
Anyone want to discuss the differences in the two organizations? I recently read an article about Trout Unlimitted and the moronic federal political bureaucracy that can't seem to get out of their way and purposefully stymies their efforts to rejuvinate streams at their own cost.

Last edited by newbiefish; 05-18-2002 at 03:15 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.