Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Hope to see that there are more New Hampshire fishermen here, be nice to get an honest fish report on where they are biting locally. I just found this forum and seemed good to me. I try to get out and fish mostly streams and trout ponds around here.

It is much more of a thrill to catch fish when you tied the fly also, so all I fish with is the stuff from the vise. If anyone here is a fan of hand-tied flies, I plan to post the resipe of each "proven" pattern I make, and will also be willing to tie a few for you if you don't want to take the time to make them.

Anyway, that sounds like a good enough intro, look forward to posting here!

#2 ·
Stone- Welcome to the site. I lived in New Hampshire back in '99 for about a year in Nashua. I found many places within a half hour's drive where I could catch many different species, both cold and warm water. When my wife and I go to Londonderry to visit her family in the summer, I still get up early to hit some of those spots before everyone else wakes up. Come to think of it, I have one of those opportunities coming up in a few weeks. :)

Welcome aboard and enjoy. There's some good info and great characters here.

#3 ·
Welcome Stone!

I have many fond memories of fishing the NH streams for trout before moving out west. The upper Pemmigewasset (sp?), Ammonusuc (sp?) - man I can't spell 'em but they are sure beautiful rivers. The Saco is another river I really love, been thinking about floating that river for flyfishing early morning before the tube hatch.

Also spend many spring days enjoying the incredible bronzeback fishery in the lakes region as well. I've moved back to MA now and hope to make our annual threat of a bronzeback clave real this year.

Consider joining us in the salt sometime!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.