Casting Clave a BIG hit! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2001, 06:51 PM

Casting Clave a BIG hit!

The casting clave was great. I tried out a few rods including a couple of speys and I got to cast my new DS2 for the first time. The best part for me was watching the kids and newbies learn to cast and they all seemed to pick it up pretty quickly with Todd Murphy's guidance and the other teaching volunteers.

A big round of applause for Dave, Todd, and Juro. Thanks so much for making this happen and thanks to everyone who participated. It was nice to meet some of the new members as well as catch up with the familiar "old timers".

I hope we have started a tradition.

Gregg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2001, 10:44 PM

RE:Casting Clave a BIG hit!

Wow, what an impressive turnout of new faces! So great to see all the kids giving it a try. (Makes reproduction seem almost worthwhile )
We all owe a big round of thank-yous to Dave, Todd and Juro. Dave for arranging an outstanding site, Todd for his tireless work and gentle approach and Juro for providing the framework for all of us that share this common passion to meet and act cooperativly.
I agree hawkeye, I hope this can be repeated. Hmmmm, don't we know someone that's involved in Real Estate Law?.....
Old 03-31-2001, 11:44 PM
President of CAC

I had a great time and that's the way to spend a Saturday. I also want to thank Dave, Juro and Todd for all the work they did on this hopfully annual event. It was good to see old faces and meet new faces, and seeing Jimmy and Adrian who came all the way from Connecticut, Where can yoy get 4 hours of casting lessions like that. I hope to see you all at the Spring clave and please feel free to stop by the "Chatham Andlers Club" during that time or weekends before the spring clave. Rest and refreshments will be there... Thanks again to all.
Old 04-01-2001, 10:27 AM
Flats Rat

Hats off, big cheers and applause to Dave, Todd and Juro for a great event. For me, one of the best parts was meeting folks face to face for the first time. The facility was excellent, and the instruction superb. I'm sorry I couldn't stay until the end. Now I'm really looking forward to meeting you all again on the water!
Old 04-01-2001, 11:17 AM

What a great day!!!! Special thanks to Dave, Juro, and Todd for all your effort to make this gathering such a treat. I'm glad to have faces to put on many of the names I've seen on this board and I look forward to meeting up with some of you again in the future.

Greg
Old 04-01-2001, 11:37 AM

The best of times. Thanks to Todd, Dave and Juro. It was great to test out other rods and gain useful casting tips from Capt Todd. I have book Todd for a trip in June. I haven't been on one of the Rip Trips but can just imagine what a great time these events must be. Looking forward to one of these trips.
FishHawk
Old 04-02-2001, 03:32 AM
Just Plain Nuts

What can I say. I had a great time. It was nice to finally put faces to names. My thanks to all involved. Special thanks to Todd. He only found 12 things wrong with my casting technique.(only 12?)It was well worth the 427 mile round trip. Armed with "Todds' Tips" and the wide eyed anticipation of a child on Christmas... I can't wait until May and the Spring Clave.

Jimmy
Old 04-02-2001, 08:58 AM

Ditto. Thanks, Dave, Juro, and Todd. That was my wife's (and daughter's) very first attempt at flycasting. Special thanks to Todd and Bob P for spending time helping them out. We all had a great time.

Last night my wife was asking me what type of gear she should get!

First fish in a couple of weeks.

Bill S
Old 04-02-2001, 09:22 AM
Dave

I had a super time at the indoor casting clave Saturday! It was my first clave and I hope to get to many more. It was great putting faces to names, what a great group of guys. Thanks to Juro for coming up with the idea of the indoor casting clave, hopefully it will become an annual event. Thanks to Todd for the instruction, I picked up a lot of helpful tips!
Dave Williams
Old 04-02-2001, 12:28 PM

A great afternoon. Thanks to Juro for persevering to make an indoor casting event happen. Thanks to Dave Williams for the fieldhouse and some great Plum Island advice. Thanks to Todd Murphy for smoothing out a hitch in my cast with the simple expression "push through at the end." Practiced yesterday and it made all the difference. And thanks to John Morin who ruined my equipment budget by letting me cast those incredible Winstons.

I second the motion. Make this one the first annual--and do it again next year.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:11 PM

Many, Many thanks to everyone who helped pull this together, especially those who took the time to teach the youngsters. Yesterday my little Jenna was out back casting the rod she won, it was starting to snow here. Another FFF (fly fishing fin-atic) starts the journey. The tips from Todd were very helpful. I would recommend a lesson before a new rod anyday, then of course several rods in various weights and tapers.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:48 PM
John_Desjardins

I want to thank Dave, Juro & Todd for the work of puting together the clave. It was a pleasure to get out to meet people and cast after this long winter. With the tips I received I should be able to get rid of my tailing loop. Thanks every one.
Old 04-04-2001, 04:21 PM

Hi

New user here.

I was also at the clave and found it helpful. A new rod, reel
and (as Capt Todd pointed out) a somewhat heavy line, but it
felt good to work out the kinks. As was pointed out, thanks
to Juro et al for setting this up!

-Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.