Flyfishing Forum Embroidered Fishin' Caps - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Flyfishing Forum Embroidered Fishin' Caps

There will be a new order for FORUM hats going in shortly... Please reply here to acknowledge that you are interested to give us an approximate order quantity. They go for $20ea, come in four color schemes, one size fits all. They are nicely made with brass vents and strap buckles, held up nicely for those who bought them last year. of course all proceeds go toward site costs for the year.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2002, 11:15 AM
President of CAC

Juro... I would love to but I have one of every color right now... Can you e-mail me and let me know what a minimum batch costs so I can design a CAC hat,,, I was thinking of a pattern with Cape cod map design and crossed flyrods ,Instead of the usual fish in the middle... but i will solicit the guys for ideas... I will pay for them. ( Not Fezes with brimes...don't worry)
Old 04-20-2002, 12:49 PM

hats

Juro:

I'll take 2.

John
Old 04-20-2002, 12:55 PM
_

One for me.

Q
Old 04-20-2002, 01:30 PM

I'm in for one.

Any thinsulate models, I am still looking for a new one.

Will be taking the old ones to Michigan with me tomorrow. It has gotten cold again here.

A steelheaders delight though !!
Old 04-20-2002, 02:48 PM

I need another cap like I need another nine weight...oh, I "need" one of those new Powel Tiborons. Sign me up for a hat. What colors?
Old 04-20-2002, 03:03 PM

khaki all around
khaki/green brim (shown)
offwhite/coffee brim
green khaki all around

There are lots of colors - any requests?

here is the offwhite/coffee hat:

Old 04-20-2002, 03:12 PM

I'll send you my contact w/ the company, Chillybearcustom.com. The biggest cost and burden is the artwork and conversion of layout into an embroidery tape (digital). I am not sure what the minimum run is but I believe you can go as small as you want but the price is higher that way and goes down as you get more. Our last run of hats cost several hundred dollars.

Here's what I would suggest instead - there are small batch focused kiosks at the mall that specialize in this kind of stuff for consumers. I don't think working with a big shop like Chillybear is the right approach for this. BTW - save me one!

Quote:
Originally posted by striblue
Juro... I would love to but I have one of every color right now... Can you e-mail me and let me know what a minimum batch costs so I can design a CAC hat,,, I was thinking of a pattern with Cape cod map design and crossed flyrods ,Instead of the usual fish in the middle... but i will solicit the guys for ideas... I will pay for them. ( Not Fezes with brimes...don't worry)
Old 04-20-2002, 05:10 PM

Thumbs up

Sign me up for one-olive/olive. The light colors show up at nite to good. Just let me know when and where to send the check. Ron
Old 04-20-2002, 05:30 PM

Une pour Moi

Off white with the brown bill. Paypal again?

Joan wants to know if the hats are made with a heavy material(would be too hot for warm summer day?) before she jumps on the bandwagon.
Fred
Old 04-20-2002, 06:06 PM

Green khacki all around

Stealth version
Old 04-20-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: Une pour Moi

Fred -

They are 100% cotton, lightweight as far as hats go. Those from the last batch were worn in summer last year and they are pretty cool as hats go. You can hold them to the light and see the light like a fabric lightshade. I looked high and low for the right all-around hat, but I'll let others comment on their likes and dislikes about them. I think they are pretty damn nice.

Orders made through Paypal will be processed first because (a) they arrive first (b) you can put your mailing address into the spreadsheet (c) exact time and date of the order is recorded and (d) it makes my job very easy. Checks require going to the bank, depositing, saving envelopes, all that "fun" stuff.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be the "check guy" we can work out some free hats or flyline or something.

For extra $$ per month we can hook up a secure credit card link but we'd lose money for sure in that deal. Paypal takes a small cut for providing a secure exchange method but the real payback for us is the automatic record keeping and addresses.

Quote:
Originally posted by fredaevans
Off white with the brown bill. Paypal again?

Joan wants to know if the hats are made with a heavy material(would be too hot for warm summer day?) before she jumps on the bandwagon.
Fred
Old 04-20-2002, 06:44 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Talking Handsome Devil

Juro,

I'm in for one of every flavor. My youngest decided that my current hat looked better on her than it does on me. BTW. Who is that handsome devil in those Foster Grants?:hehe:

John,

One of the guys I work with does that kind of thing with the hats. Let me know what you want. Maybe he can do what you need for a good price. After all, I am his boss.
Old 04-20-2002, 07:21 PM

Jimmy -

I've already been putting the order together with Chillybear but I'll talk to your man about any additional stuff down the road.

Handsome devil alright - that fish sure had the hots for him! :hehe:
Old 04-20-2002, 11:20 PM

Juro, Joan's in for an all khaki coloured one.

If you need a 'check guy' let me know. Work for a bank and all that. Only 'fumble part' would be you're on one side of the States and I'm on the other. But easy to set up an account (checking) that you can draw on with the book in hand.

Let me know off line.
Fred
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.