Thank You! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thumbs up Thank You!

To everyone who contributed and to all those who sponsor us...

THANK YOU!

We are confident with the budget to embark on the server upgrade, although we still need all the help we can get to sustain the new service level from here on. Please keep the contributions coming in and please keep asking your favorite fly fishing professionals to get involved with the FORUM for our mutual benefit. Let's keep the momentum growing.

Today we begin the server upgrade that will get us to bigger, better, faster service for the long run. The journey will take some time, but we have the best webmaster on our side, Sean Ransom. We have the best Spey website on the internet thanks to Dana's dedicated work creating the Spey Pages. We have an AWESOME community. Stepping back and looking at our daily contributors, sponsors, and readership - I have no doubt whatsoever that we have the very best fly fishing community in terms of quality, and now we'll be able to cope with the quantity much more effectively going forward.

Our costs will be offset by moving the FORUM to the Enthusiast Media dedicated server. EMEDIA a web publishing side business I'm involved in that provides neat publishing tools to people with websites. In addition to the huge discount for high-end hosting, we will have unlimited use of EMEDIA tools to make new sections of the FORUM more interactive. All this will be provided in exchange for advertising at no cost to the FORUM. I think it will be a win-win all-around.

In any case, we'll be able to watch Spey casting videos a bit more often without getting the big monthly penalty charges, lower our costs for what we get, and pave the way for more cool flyfishing stuff in the future.

Our goal is to get this all done before the fishing gets too good to pay attention Seriously, thanks in advance for your patience as we take this project on. I hope it goes as smoothly as the Spey Pages, Flytalk3 migration, etc. With Sean, Dana, and all of your support I think we're going to be smokin' on the new server ASAP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2002, 01:33 PM

Juro, $ are what pay the bills. If 'someone' wanted to shoot

you a check for additional board support where might this be directed?

Lord knows I've gotten my monies worth!!!!!!!!!!

Fred Evans
Old 04-17-2002, 02:04 PM

Thanks Fred! Hope we can make things even better!

Support for the FORUM and SpeyPages sites can be directed to:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 01450

or:

Paypal: Just click on the link in the announcement bar above each board. I know not everyone has Paypal but it keeps a permanent record of transactions automatically and really makes our life easier if you use it.

Either method is greatly appreciated! We can use all the help we can get.

Recruiting those businesses you support to get involved helps us and them too.

In any case, everyone's presence here is in itself a contribution of knowledge and friendship. We all owe thanks to those who contribute time, energy and donations to keep things moving onward and upward.

THANKS!
Old 04-17-2002, 02:32 PM

Interesting. Never used PayPal before so

assuming I didn't screw something up I can even say "I'll respect you in the morning."
Old 04-18-2002, 06:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Dude,
Looking to find out about the Paypal question I asked a week or so ago. I have a discrepency of 50.00 in my check book. I'm thinking my Paypal attempt may not have gone through. It would have been back when they shut us down. Let me know and I'll send it again.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:55 AM

OK Chris - sorry been real busy. We need to hire an accountant. Yeah right, maybe someday. Any spare breathing space from the day job will go to the server upgrade and new pages that have been on the back burner for months.

Thanks Chris, I will download the paypal history, review it and give you a call via cell today.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:01 PM

Geeze, That sounds like too much work. How about if I just resend it and if I double up so be it. I've spent more money on a lot less rewarding things. Put your time toward something else.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:05 PM

Thumbs up

It's in the bank. Thanks for everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.