Monomoy - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2001, 08:40 AM

Monomoy

usually I don't hit monomoy until the mid summer to hit the flat, but I have heard it is good earlier. I wanted to give it a try. Where and when is it good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2001, 03:46 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Monomoy

Hi Nate - I've got those MOnomoy jones too!

My experiences have been that the intial arrival times vary per year, but most year by mid-May the fish are in solid and worth pursuit. One year April 10th had tons of bright fish around the Bass River and within a couple weeks (third week - end April) Hardings / Stage was loaded and the bath tub was rockin' by the beginning of May. Other years the Nantucket Sound spring fish were sparse in mid-May and the Monomoy area didn't get going until a little before Memorial Day. Last year was a little late getting started but was rockin' by late May and you experienced June with us.

I spoke with Roop and I think he wants to target the weekend of May 19th for the spring conclave. This would mean that not only the south side, but the Chatham area and much of the bayside will be in the running for good fish. I know we had this much earlier last year but I like his logic of (a) accomodating a Rhody casual in the start of May and (b) giving the fish some time to arrive. I'll echo that in the question about the spring clave too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.