Some friends you guys are - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2002, 05:43 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Some friends you guys are

All I asked for was a little prayer to keep the Hoh in line while I was there fishing it. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. She jumpe from a 2750 aand dropping on Thursday when I got there (almost perfect color to boot) to rain Thursday night. Brought the river up a bit (to 3400 from hydrograph) and virtually unfishablle with the fly (and myself without my pluunking rods nor my baitcaasters). I was holding out hope friday (slightly tinged and being high, but was cooling down before we went to bed with no rain). I spent friday afternoon (took us roughly 4 1/2 hours to float from Morgan's to Oxbow which is a record) spey casting to try and get the haang of it (I need to talk to you brian about the 9140, great rod, just some advice linewise). Nice thinng was, was able to do some haardcore wittewatering (actually had my 16' caat completely submerged oafter purposely hitting some rough water). We were actually in some clas 3 conditions in certain runs (I chose to take the chhoppier water then the straight and narrow path which led you with the flow of the river). Wish I was still there, buu it had poured like a dog friday nightt after a nice friday aafternoon and virtually punched the river (it douubled overnightt to 6600). Decided to pack up and head home. Water was mocha brown andd some poor guy in a DB floated Morgan's too Oxbow (which when he showed up he should've known not to float it) in just under 3 hours. If you know that water you know tha's going pretty damned fast. Worse thing is, h actually FISHED some holes on the way, and still made ii in 3 hoours.

Oh well, will hit it again this summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2002, 07:11 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...Timing is everything!...or so "they" say...

C'mon out east in a month or so and the CapeCod Chapter will put you in better spirits...In the meantime, don't be chatting with our man Lefty...He'll put the hex on you bigtime and then you'll really get to sleep with the skunk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.