...Housatonic Heads-Up... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2002, 09:20 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...Housatonic Heads-Up...

...Talked to a friend doing "construction" at Millstone Nuc Power Plant...He's been watching the fly guys get into ALOT of bright, fiesty, NEWLY arrived, horizontally striped, schoolies!
...Let the show begin!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2002, 07:38 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

New arrivals at the nuc. plant? Did he mention how he knew they were new arrivals?

New arrivals at the jetty -or- new arrivals at the river -or- new arrivals at the beach would have no inferences in my mind, but new arrivals at the nuc plant makes one ask the question at least. I heard they sight fish at night there.

I am joking of course, any news is good news buddy. If I could get to the Housy right now I would.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:12 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...My pal (Capt Emmett P.) said he could see fly guys about 300 yards away from the construction site catching lots of bright feisty schoolies...'sounds like good news to me!

...Adrian...That's your piece of the realm...launch the fleet and send a report!
Old 04-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Flats Rat

Not checked the Millstone area out yet. I went out with Mike (Striper) Mayo in his awesome boat and we checked out the lower river up to above Merrit Parkway bridge. Mike got stuck into a few bright schoolies - I had my first skunk of the year. The fish seem to be moving about and not settled into any type of pattern. At the Devon boat ramp, guys shore fishing came up dry this morning but last night on the same tide they had fish. This is the same tide I scored on two weeks ago.

A another week or so of this warm weather and things should really start to rock. The fishing diary is starting to get rather full already. Depending on when we finalize the spring clave date, I've got something fixed for every week-end from now until third week in June - I guess that can't be a bad thing
Old 04-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Secret:Time on the water

Adrian,
It was my pleasure to have you along yesterday on the Housie. Was definitely slow but I know it will pickup real soon. You are welcome to come along anytime mt friend and although you did not score yesterday you are a pro and it won't be long before you are hauling in one after the other. I gotta clean up the garage today but might try and hit the river this early afternoon and see if those fish are around the same areas we found them yesterday. Keep in touch and I will keep you posted buddy.

Tightlines,
Mike
Old 04-14-2002, 08:12 PM
_

I checked out Devon a couple times last week. When the warm water discharge was flowing the stripers were in thick. Not sure if they were new arrivals or holdovers. There weren't many around when the discharge was not flowing. That won't be an issue anymore after all this warm weather

Q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.