Saltwater Fly Swap- any update? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2002, 09:43 AM
President of CAC

Saltwater Fly Swap- any update?

Gregg... any up date on the swap... just thought about it today? Just Checking ,no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2002, 12:37 PM

Whew! an impatient bunch (Just kidding in case the smilies didn't convey it) I had a bit of trouble with the pics - Todd and Adrian helped me out at the MSBA show but a good number of them came out blurry. Life etc. has slowed my response to this development however I believe I have it under control and they should be in the mail by Monday or Tuesday.

Gregg
Old 04-25-2002, 06:57 AM

Just wondering, did I miss something ? I have not received any flies yet!
Old 04-25-2002, 08:28 AM

Yeah, what's up! I'm still waiting for my flys too. This better not be one of those inter net scams my wife warned me about. If she finds out that I got suckered again, I won't be allowed to log on any more. I wish Sexy Suzi and Spicy Girls.Com would stop e-mailing me. This is getting embarrasing. Oh well, off to the chat room.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Gregg -

With all of the things on your plate, one wonders how you get any sleep. Yet you tackle the lead role on things like the MSBA smash hit outing and the annual SW fly swap.

Just want to take a second to say THANK YOU!
Old 04-25-2002, 11:09 PM

Thanks Juro and my apologies to all. It took a little more time than I thought to randomly distribute 175 flies (that's right onehundredseventyfive) among the 22 participants. My only snag now is the packaging. I don't want any of that beautiful work to get squished and bent. That shouldn't be such a big deal so my updated projection for the mail will be tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. All this is dependent of course on whether Massachusetts gets rained off the face of the earth in the next few hours. If that happens all bets are off.

Keep track of your swap flies and the first striper over 30" caught with a swap fly will win some truly awesome, amazing and totally jaw dropping prize . If you live outside of striper country then I will leave it up to you to pick the species and the size - just make it moderately difficult to achieve.

BTW, is there some reason the smilies are not working? They don't do a thing except get a dotted box around them when I click on them.

Gregg
Old 04-26-2002, 07:00 AM

Thanks Gregg, I know that's a s**t load of work, if you need any help, please let me know ! We all appreciate your efforts, that's for sure!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Flats Rat

Hi Gregg

Sorry the pics were not up to snuff. We were operating under less than ideal photographic conditions. These things are unbelieveably time consuming, based on the limited participation which I have had.

Gregg, thanks for your time and efforts. Looking forward to seeing you and Mike on the water soon
Old 04-26-2002, 09:55 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Hi Gregg,

I'll bet seeing the 175 flies tied by this crew was quite a sight! I'm sure it would be time consuming sorting that out. I didn't really think about providing return packaging or postage money for that matter. Let me know if you need some cash for postage & packaging. Thanks again for taking the time out to do this. Really looking forward to seeing some of those flies.

Greg.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:01 AM
President of CAC

Yes, it is alot of work... Gregg let me know also if you need cash or help..... you get a free Zukatron for your efforts..it's on me.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Gregg -

Go to the post office and use their free boxes for express mail - I know it's more expensive to ship by the free-box rules but the shipping cost will be reimbursed, sorry I didn't think of this earlier - these kinds of things are why we do fund raising in the first place!

Juro
Old 04-30-2002, 04:11 PM

Flies away! Finally!! How you guys put up with me I'll never know. Thanks for your patience or at least for not verbalizing your impatience (too much .

I'm sure I'll get around to putting the pics up sometime around the October Rhodyfest.

Gregg
Old 04-30-2002, 05:32 PM
President of CAC

Gregg...just say the word and I will photo them and post them if you want. I can post them by number and let the tyer respond by posting the recipe. I can do this in one night... Let me know, yes or no.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Fluff

Hell, I don't even remember what I tied :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.