Pflueger Hoy - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Bonefish/Tarpon Flies Flats candy, mangrove magic

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Flats Rat

Pflueger Hoy

Body is pale tan yarn palmered with an off-white webby cock hackle.

Tail blue marabou

Wing Tan marabou.

Overall size is 1 inch or less.

This is a great pattern for tailing fish in real skinny water since it lands very softly.

Dick Brown mentions that there is a prize of a free week at Peace & Plenty for anyone who can guess what HOY stands for. The prize was still up for grabs when I last saw Bob Hyde two years ago. I slipped this one in since I didn't see it in John's collection at Wilmington and this one was tied by the originator. It's also about right alphabetically - hope thats ok John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pflueger%20hoy_0.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	293  
Old 04-11-2002, 03:36 PM
President of CAC

Adrian, nice ..I am going in alphabetical order and have one of those to submit... I will put it on as a reply under this thread when I get to it... I an in the N's now and may get to putting it on tonight..... Adrian...please continue... I can't be the only one building this forum up... keep adding them... when I am done with Brown's stuff I will do all of the ones in Ververkas book including all of Borsky's that I have not done already, plus Chico Fernandez flys.

Last edited by striblue; 04-11-2002 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2002, 08:00 PM
President of CAC

Adrian... here is the one I tied... I was going to put it next to the picture in Brown's book but thought I better not photo a picture from the book... Anyway, It is virtually identical as the one in the book... I will continue with my entry......The location's are the Bahamas and particularly Exuma.... Hook- 4 or 6...... Thread- Tan monocord....... Tail- pink marabou tips...... Body- Fuzzy leech yarn, then pink hackle palmered to head..... Wing- Tan Marabou... The recipe also says it can be tied with royal blue marabou and cream colored hackle... It does say designed by Bob Hyde and mentions the fishing trip for identifying the meaning of "HOY".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00234.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	295  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.