CCA Banquet-what a night! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2002, 11:45 PM
President of CAC

CCA Banquet-what a night!

Well, briefly.. it was a night for the drawings... My flys went for $90 bucks.... I did not see Juro but his trip????? went in the main action for some ungodly sum... I get there alone and then my wife shows up.... Doug Parker Put me in for a Wade trip to the light house then south beach and Monomoy and some guy bided it out for $100 ... ,I am sure we will have a good time....( although I was watching two women contemplating bidding on it) Then Brendan O' Brian ,who is sitting with us wins...get this... A Kayak plus $500 in of stuff place in Kayak.. the paddles, a Bottle of Scotch, a Patagonia Deep wading Jacket.. A striper print.. and I can't remember all the other stuff, like a bueatiful pair of Orvis Plyers and a Boga grip, two boat rods and reels..good ones, etc... Then He gives me all the hooks he won ,maybe about 100... Then My wife wins a whole table... a Weber grill, and a large cook out station with all the trays and draws, a mini grill ,a Magnum of white wine, a Box of Connecticut grown cigars ,50 of them (there mine), some sport shirts.... Saw JeffG and Jay Maclaughlin, doug Parker.... It was a fun night and the food was great ,the usual roast beef, salmon and crab cakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2002, 06:31 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sounds like a barn-burner, I think this is the first one I've missed since moving back here. Got out very late and will be working on and off this weekend as well... oh well I'll take this time back when the fish arrive...

John it's awesome that your skills at the vise and seasoned knowledge of the corner of the cape is helping to preserve our coastal heritage. Glad we could do something to give a little back, we still have Cape Cod chapter as well.

Brendan sure is lucky, he is always winning something at these things. I need to borrow his four-leaf clover for the lottery! Sounds like your wife had a great time too, the food I am sure was excellent and I really missed the company of such great people.

Highest kudos to Doug Parker, Jay MacLaughlin and the CCA gang for what I am sure was another kickass banquet for a most honorable cause.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:24 AM
President of CAC

Juro, I spoke to Doug and spoke to Brian Casey by phone and my membership is certain to be transfered to the Cape Cod Chapter.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Do they allow memberships to bridge chapters? I guess a guy could join both easy enough. The way the chapters work kind of forces a choice. I suppose it all goes to the same cause in the end.

Anyway - Glad the dinner went well!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:41 PM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

A NJ Chapter of CCA, he asked?

Gentlemen,

Sorry to but in, but perhaps you could point a newbie in the right direction for a New Jersey chapter of the CCA? Sounds like both a good cause and way too much fun to miss out on.

Best regards,

Doc Duprey
Old 04-13-2002, 10:48 PM
President of CAC

Doc, The main office is in Texas..but if you e-mail Doug Parker, whom you will find on this board..under his full name I think he can lead you in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.