Chatham-4:30 AM-34 inch Striper - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2002, 10:12 PM
President of CAC

Chatham-4:30 AM-34 inch Striper

Sorry.... had to post it... Just wanted to make sure I put in my annual late March fake fishing report... Need to see a fishing report... any report here in the NE saltwater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2002, 02:17 AM
CantAnchorUs

This is for real. Fished near Prov. this afternoon, and picked 7 Bass up to 24" in 2 hrs. of fishing the flat. Water is warming nicely and fish are moving around. If it isn`t a downpour I expect to be back for tomorrows low at 3:30.
Slinger
Old 03-31-2002, 09:41 AM
Flats Rat

Connectucut too!

I had my first of the year yesterday on the Housy at Devon - 3 around 20 - 23 in one hour. Another 3 and lost one on this mornings tide.

Stripers in March - life is good!
Old 03-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Question

Bright fish or holdovers?
Old 03-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Flats Rat

I would say holdovers - no lice on any of the fish I caught. I heard a report of a 33 incher taken further up river last week-end so maybe on or two ealy birds are making an arrival.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:39 PM

March 31st, that's the earliest I've ever caught a striper away from holdover areas. First fish was a good six pounds, bright and clean. Total - six fish today. A few had spots of sea lice. What was neat about today, they were all different sizes, suggesting maybe different schools. As soon as it got cloudy the bite stop. Fish always seem more active in the early season during bright conditions. Might also help locating the fly in murky conditions. Slinger was there too with his new Easter duds.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:33 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks for the report Ray; my earliest is April 10th at the mouth of the Bass R. quite a ways up the coast from you - and the whole area was socked in with bright spring arrivals from 18-30". Next tide change - two or three around between a dozen anglers, they had moved onward and upward that quickly. One mid-May evening on West Dennis beach season before last what seemed to be a two hundred yard long horde of finning bass appeared on the scene, once again gone by the next morning.

Glad to hear they are finning by Rhody already, by Spring Clave things should really be bustling for us down there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.