Burmuda flyfishing? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 03:09 PM

Burmuda flyfishing?

So my wife says to me, "You have alot of frequent flyer miles, and I think we should use them to go to Burmuda for a few days in May". So I say, "Gee, I don't know, fishing's picking up at the Cape in May". And she says, "You can go flyfishing as much as you want while we're down there."

I'll go search the web for info, but I figured the best place to start is right here with you guys.

I tried to search on "Burmuda" here on the Forum, but didn't turn up anything. Anyone have any personal experience or any advice on flyfishing in Burmuda? Looks to me like there could be some flats sight fishing opportunities on the west coast . . .

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Bill,
try "BErmuda".
Nick
Old 03-29-2002, 03:32 PM

Er . . . Bermuda

OK. So I can't spell. I do have other good qualities. Just give me some time to think of one . . .

Did the search on Bermuda. And found some info. Thanks.

Question still stands if anyone has any additional info.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:06 PM

Only indirect experience

Bill,

Was in Bermuda 3 times in 1999 on business in Hamilton. Checked out the fishing but could not do it do to work schedule. The only thing I did get to do was to play Mid Ocean their world famous private golf course the royal, presidents, and Babe Ruth played. Not a bad substitute to fishing.

Any way there are some Bones there are and they are suppose to be bigger than the average Bone at other locations. There was a few guides also. Check the web site bermuda.com I know they have a sport fishing section.

Check out the Blue Water Bar in Hamilton, walking in you would think Hemingway was sitting in the corner. If you walk down Front Street from the Bar there is great little marina and park at the end. After exhausting myself jogging on the hills there I sat on the park bench and dreamed I was in paradise. Then I looked down and saw that the bench was dedicated to Queen Elisabeth of England in the 1960s I think. Very royal place, etc.. my rear section was on.

They also have wahoo and barracuda fishing you may want to try. Think you need a guide there though. They said there was very few places you could walk out from the island and fish a flat.

People are very friendly and they need our money, ecomnic down turn for a while there now, hotels closing due to low tourism last ten years.

Unique place, though.

Good luck

P.S. Don't leave your wife alone to long on Front Street with your credit cards, you see will what I mean
Old 03-30-2002, 09:08 AM
Recent Member

Bermuda fishing....

Just happen to have a couple of brochures from my recent trip.
jump dem bones flyfishing for Bonefish.... "we sight fish, which means: you stalk your catch (bonefish up to 12 ounds or more)instead of waiting for it to come along...."
Tel 441 292-2190 Cell 441 235 4633 email jhpfish@ibl.bm
Can't recommend them one way or the other.....
James Pearman
Located at Spanish Point, Pembroke

Also....Boston Whaler or Kayak Rentals....
Water Sports at Robinson's Marina, Somerset
441-234-0914
Whaler....8 hours $165.00 gas is extra...
Single Kayak....4 hours....$40.00

knock em dead!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.