Fly Fishing Forum banner

Are you in shape?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MarkDoogue 
#1 ·
I am in the worst physical condition of my adult life.:smokin:

I should say, I was. I've been watching my diet but "just too busy" to excercise. Having adopted a dog this weekend I find myself now getting up at 5:00 AM and walking 2 miles & feeling better than I've felt in months.

Working my way up to running the loop within the next week.

Nick's not going to have to drag me and my yak across the Brewster flats again!

And for those of you that decide to have a heart attack when you're out fishing with me, remember the punchline from the old snake bite joke before you expect me to perform CPR on you, "Docotor says you're gonna' die." ;)

Get in shape!

Times running out!!

#5 ·
I quit about a year ago for about 3 months. I'd keep on coming up with excuses why the timing was bad but finally just said screw it and quit. Well I'm back in the same mode and have all the reason's why the timing is bad but now I'm inspired. My goal is to follow the Iron Man around to all the holes in Chatham 20 years from now when I'm in my 70's and not be in an Iron lung... and with the savings maybe buy a few of those fancy rods, reels and gadgets just like John.

#8 ·
Excellent news to hear from my fellow quitters - tommorow will be the completion of week 10 for me and I feel a whole lot better. I hit the slim fast in week 4 when my belt started to feel tight and have also lost an inch around the waist.

I cant wait for the weather to warm a bit more so that I can get into a regular paddling routine and start building up the muscles. I've been doing some stretches which my instructor showed me.

The weather looks like it might actually improve a bit over the next few days into the week-end so I may just make it out and wet a line too before the Exuma trip.

#10 ·
Congrats to all who are fighting the smoking habit. I've never had to quit but have several friends suffering through it.

I lost my mother to lung cancer 2 years ago. A common cause of death for her age group having grown up in the glamour days of smoking.

I wish you all the best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.