Coming back east to boston - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2002, 05:43 PM
LBFF Mojo

Coming back east to boston

Well the writing is on the wall. Getting married on Sept. 7th in Seattle and then immediately packing up the car and heading east with the wife (will be odd saying I have a wife but I could not ask for a better one).

Hoping to get in some late season striper action if they are still around and am really excited for the move.

Some really good people on this board and looking forward to hanging out and learning to tie striper patterns with the talented members on the board. Have to say I am almost as excited about the fly tying community as I am the fishing.

Watched a fishing show of guys catching 30lb stripers around block island in RI. My god I am looking forward to the saltwater opportunites to be had in the new england area.

Will miss the northwest but it certainly makes me feel better knowing the insane striper community you all have out there.

Heres to a quick 6 months and a painless job search once I get out there .

-sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2002, 06:09 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Sean, if they can get me into fish you should have striper thumb by the end of Sept.

Congrats on the nuptials and good luck with the move.

~Mark
Old 03-20-2002, 07:57 PM

Sean,
The pleasure will be all ours to show you around and see the grin on your face as your backing cranks out thru your guides. See ya.

Lefty
Old 03-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Sean,

First of all, as a gent that recently tied the knot I do know how odd it can sound when you first refer to your girlfriend as your wife. But - all in all - it is cool.

Second of all, let me relay a little story to you. After college I drove across country - fishing and wandering down any path that my heart desired. The ultimate destination was Alaska. However, en route I fished the Deschutes River in Oregon. While there I was talking to a fly shop owner near Maupin and I was swooning over the thought of having Pacific Northwest quality trout and salmon fishing in my homeland - New England. This old-timer looked me right in the eye and said, "I would trade all of this in if I could have an excellent striper fishery in my backyard."

Within 2 weeks of returning from Alaska I rigged up my 9 weight and went striper fishing. I quickly proved that the grass was not greener on the other side of our fair land. I caught well over 20 stripers that night - all with the horizon of Boston glowing a soft purple on the horizon.

The striper fishery in New England and - most important of all -the fishermen on this board are truly exceptional. When you come out this way you will find that there are many special aspects to the coastline of New England. The fishing is great but it is not the only awe inspiring facet of the diamond that is New England.

I look forward to meeting up with you and fishing soon after you arrive. Some of the best fishing of the year coincides with your arrival and we will be sure to get you into some cow bass as they head south for the winter.

Until then - take care.

-Mike
Old 03-20-2002, 09:51 PM

Your timing will be perfect for the following:

Albies, maybe bonito, stripers, blues, spanish macs and to top that all off you can join us for the third annual RhodyFest in October.

Congrats and I look forward to sharing a piece of beach or flats with you.

Gregg
Old 03-20-2002, 10:44 PM
President of CAC

A Chair is being reserved for you at CAC... after your swearing in and wearing the "Fez" we will head out where your true initiation will begin... that is ... a tiring day of rod bending...
Old 03-22-2002, 11:26 AM
LBFF Mojo

Thanks for the kind messages, I am looking forward to it. I already own a Fez that I picked up at a thrift store a few years back so it looks like I will fit right in.

I knew there was a reason I never threw it away.

-sean
Old 03-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sean -

I tied the knot a while back... 20 years I think (better go check the archives ) and of all the decisions in my life that was the very best - bar none.

She even threatened to get into flyfishing this year! But she also said if I mention it one more time she won't. Talk about a dillemma!

As you already know, we all look forward to your arrival in striper country. Plus our cross-country trip swaps will get you a chance to see the PNW once in a while too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.