Off topic - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Off topic

Nothing to do with fishing but, I need to share this. I just spent the last 13 days in a row, 12 to 13 hours a day in training. I can now say I am an MCSE and MCSA.

I need to go fishing in a bad way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2002, 10:54 AM

Just asking,but what does MCSE and MCSA stand for.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:01 AM

"Old Man," one thing for sure is I don't

remember these initials after names in the 'actors,' directors and such, in XXX movies. So I think we can keep reading Kerry's posts.

But I could be wrong ...... who reads that stuff anyway?:hehe:
Old 03-16-2002, 05:05 PM

MCSA = Microsoft Certified System Administrator
MCSE = Microsoft Certified System Engineer

Congratulations Kerry, I know how much work goes into getting these certifications. Now go fishing!
Old 03-17-2002, 06:00 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Now just to maintain your technical acumen, I'd like to propose that we all contact you for blue screen incidences, sporadic illegal instruction popups where OK to crash is the only choice, occasional reconfiguration of devices without any action on my part, and other general anomalies.

We wouldn't want you to get soft...

JK - Congrats Kerry! From what I know about that training regimen, you deserve a whole week on the water.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Steelhead-a-holic

I feel your pain!

FYI

MCSE stand for Must Consult Someone Else :hehe:

MCSA is an appreticeship position - about 1/2 an MCSE. It stands for Must Consult Someone in Authority.

I'd just about finished my NT 4 MCSE tests when they (MS) announced that it would become obsolete in 1 year and so I chose to start taking the W2K classes instead.

Finished all the classes about the time good ol' MS announced they'd changed their mind about the NT4 MCSE's and that their Certifications would remain valid! :eyecrazy:

I am now boycotting those tests until my sanity returns (which could be a good long time)!

Congrats to you Kerry - having previewed the current tests I can say that getting your MCSE is like landing the 20lb Steelie on the fly - Quite an Accomplishment!!

Now get back out there and catch some fish!! You definitely earned it!

I may see you up there - I'll definitely be on the Skagit at least a couple days in the next two weeks.

Good Fishing!

DS
Old 03-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Thanks everyone.

Floated the Sauk yesterday from the Suiattle to native hole. No fish but, it was great getting on the water. Snowed all day. Saw one flipped log truck and a four wheeler in the ditch opn the way home. My old 2 wheel drive Ford truck hardly slipped a wheel.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:16 PM

Congrats to you Kerry; thought I'd recognized

the two sets of initials. My son and son in law are both going through the program and have express some of the "GRRRRRRRR" noted in one of the posts above.

It's wonderful (for me anyway) to remain above all that. If you can 'prove' your computer skills are just above that of a Trogolite (sp?) you can duck many interesting things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.