Winter Storm Warning... - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Winter Storm Warning...

...announced for Seattle. Is it me or does this crazy weather and lack of wild steelies in our favorite runs, make this March seem less like March and more like January??

Oh well...I guess I'll hang around the house and tie some bugs tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2002, 05:30 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

There is a groundswell of big shouldered nates finning off the coast, but conditions are favorable and there are pounds to pack on before the triathalon run up to the headwaters. Although the urge grows stronger, they wait, and feed, as father time urges them on. Soon, their arrival will coincide with another arrival, one of a human of average skill yet extraordinary desire from a year of exile from Gods country and her steelhead. And then the world be be right again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2002, 07:52 AM

I bet we could put you into more wild big steelhead here in great lakes country IMHO

Scenery would be better in PNW, but I personally doubt if the quality of the steelhead fly fishing would be.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:51 AM

Yeah that scenery! I look west a couple miles and there are several mountains, one looking somewhat like the Matterhorn and probably in the 5 - 6,000 ft range. I look eastward across my pasture to the river with another mountain on the far bank rising so quickly that I am unable to see it's peak. This one holds part of the Boston Glacier system and rests within the North Cascade National Park. A snag alongside the river, about 350 ft distance from my farmhouse, holds a single immature eagle, perched in the open despite the falling snow. The others are probably nestled amongst the cedars.

The fish are few so far, unlike the Great Lakes system, but the view sure can't be beat!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I never compare one against the other, what's the point? They are all good... try them one by one and savor the good in all!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:20 PM

Yes the PNW steelhead scenery is better plus if the fishing was bad I could always head to the mountains for downhill or cross country skiing other passions of mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.