New feature - Fly Fishing Forum
the Rod Rack Rod Builder's Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2002, 03:47 PM

Lightbulb New feature

Ive been working on a little something for the rod rack. I see a fair amount of posts that ask, what rod should I get? or what do you think about xxxxx rod? I remember being the newbie going through the same process. The advice of cast as many rods as possible to determine what suits you is sound, but it is nice to get an idea of what you should be looking for.
Basically you can enter a manufacturer and a model number (ex. Sage rplxi), specify the line weight, length, number of pieces, etc. The next step is kind of cool. You and others can comment on the product and give it a rating from 1-10. I had originally started to develop this as a custom rod database so that those who choose to wrap their own could share guide spacing etc. with others. The project has turned into a factory built and custom database but currently lacks the details for custom rods. It may seem redundant because we already have the gear discussion board but this will be centered around the product and not a thread.
check it out here
Id like some feedback on this. Do you think this sort of feature would be of use? Im ready to add reels and lines to the products that can be entered and reviewed. If this is something that members find useful I will develop it further and add search capabilities. It could be expanded further to include yaks, paddles, pfds, etc. I see this as our own little consumer reports for the products we utilize in our sport.

This is not intended to replace the gear discussion board.

Spey casting folks, I wanted to accommodate you too and have included rods up to 16ft. I hope thats long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2002, 08:03 PM

Sounds like a great idea, eliminates the "search" for posts.
Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.