Steelhead Fraternity - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2002, 07:30 PM

Steelhead Fraternity

FYI

Cute article on steelheader traits, you know the sickness that overtakes us in pursuit of this great fish etc...

A lot of truth. I don't drive a truck though and have only used a fly rod for them now for the last 22 years. So I don't have any salmon egg stains on my vest. The steelhead vest is 22 years old. Bought it from an old steelhead fisherman on the St. Joseph river in Michigan. Hand made for $ 25 by his wife. This vest has taken a pounding and only has one hole in it. Never been washed either, thats bad Karma. The river and rain washes it while fishing. Thats one superstition.

Thinking about it you have to be a certain type of person who enjoys the challenge of pursuing these elusive beautiful and strong fighting fish, in the scenic rivers they migrate to.

Soon will be the prime time.

If you have any superstitions when steelhead fishing lets hear it.

Mine is I always have a pack of Marlboro lights in my vest and smoke through out the day when I decide to rest a run or hole etc. Note, I am not a smoker, this is the only time I will smoke. Oh yeah they always go into my top left vest pocket along with my Maxima leader material.

http://flyfishingworld.com/features/dvfraternity.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2002, 01:06 AM
Coednakedspey

You know that is one of my favourite articles out of all the STS articles I've ever read.
Old 03-03-2002, 02:35 PM
the speypages guy

i always wear a black bandana around my neck when steelheading, and dip it in the dean and thompson rivers at the start of each season.
FFF certified casting instructor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.