Do any of you know any young kids down on their luck who want to tie flies?? - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2002, 10:28 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Do any of you know any young kids down on their luck who want to tie flies??

I'm looking for a child (boy or girl) who may not have the money to buy their own vise, scissors, whip finisher, etc. I have a complete setup, not the most expensive in the world, butt works excelleent and I've decided to pull off the sale block (eventhough I've actualy had some very good ofers on it) and GIVE this to a needy child who's interested iin fly tying. From my emails, most guys are loking for deals, an nit picking. This vise has served me wel ad wouuld rathe pay the shipping mysel and give it to a young fisherman/woman then sel it to someone who wants a renzetti but is settling for a Cabela's Mmaster Vise.

I would prefer one of th main posters on here to emaiil me if they have ay leads. I want this to go toa child, not an adult to cheap to buy his own vise (working in the shipping industry, I've seen some very big scams from who appeared to be decent people). You can post here, or send me off an email. I haave a vise with 3 heads, two pairs of scissors, a whip finisher, two haackle pliers, an wil throw in one of my bobins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2002, 10:38 AM

Steelheader69,

That's a really great idea, I hope your equipment finds a good home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2002, 03:05 AM
Recent Member

Jerry,

I don't know of a kid like that, but I want to volunteer something myself. I was thinking when you find someone, I will throw in some beginning materials to go with your equipment. Let me know when you find somebody.
Tom
Old 02-19-2002, 01:35 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Tom will do

Will let you know as son as someone replies.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:33 PM

Lets "kick this up a knotch!"

March 30-31'st "we" are holding a Spey Casting Clinic on the Rogue just outside of Medford. LastCastSteve and Spey Bubba are our instructors.

As Steve and Way are donating their time the bulk of the proceeds will be forwarded to fishing clubs, school districts, etc., that have ongoing youth fishing programs. For an organization to "qualify" they need to be a 503c non-profit. I'd like the names, address (e mail address would be wonderful!!) of additional groups to whom these funds could be sent. This is a NOT for profit event and funds are not limited to just Oregon Group(s).

Cost for the weekend is $250 per person which will include lunch on Sat and Sunday and a very good dinner on Saturday evening. As this is a true clinic the max. number of students will be 10 so there will be a 5 to 1 student - instructor ratio.

For more info (and I'll have it up on the board in the next day or two) e mail me at FredAEvans@aol.com or Frederick_Evans@KeyBank.com

I forgot to add: each attendie/recp. will get a letter with all the students names for your tax purposes.
fe
Old 02-19-2002, 08:33 PM

Dear Jerry,
I too have lots of spare equipment and materials i would love to have find new homes with interested children. My father passed away about a year ago and left me with a ton of duplicate materials and tools, and i taught fly tying for a number of years and have several left over vices...so, please pass on any info on worthy causes! Nice job!

Steve
Old 02-19-2002, 09:43 PM
flyfishing catarafter

If only....

I could find someone to give mine to. Hey Fred. Ii can't affoord the $250, but can I donate these things to your cause to ive to the kids aat the workshop? LEt me/us know if we can send iin our things.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:25 PM

Steve/"69": Send me an e mail

at Frederick_Evans@KeyBank.com and I'll shoot you the names/phone numbers of the folks I'm in contact with now. I think they'd fall over in a huge THANK YOU for this kind of donation.

Teaching the kids to do 'our thing' is fairly straight forward but the materials, vises, etc., is where the big buck out lay comes.

Anyone else out there with the same line of though/contacts E MAIL ME ASAP!

One of my 'common' expressions to mothers/fathers with munchkins romping around the bank is ''don't sweat the small stuff; they're my Soc. Security check." Happy Campers will take care of me in my 'old age.' (Beginning to think I'm closer to that mark than I want to acknowledge.):eyecrazy:

Fred

Add on for Juro/Dana: Maybe "69" and Steve are on to something HUGE here. Mull this one over; this could be a major plus for the Board.
fe

Last edited by fredaevans; 02-20-2002 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.