Eldridge Online - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Flats Rat

Thumbs up Eldridge Online

Thought I'd mention this since others may be interested. The Edridge folks have made the tide and current data available online:

http://www.tideware.com

The map "player" is a free download including a sample map that you can play with but you pay ~$20 for each region. It includes all the tide/current data from the yellow book.

The really cool stuff is that you can run the current/tide models graphicaly and get real-time/animated display of how the currents move in relation to the rising and falling tides at the respective stations.

I'm still trying to reconcile my memories with what the models say happens at the Monomoy Rips - I of course defer to Capt. George W. Very cool stuff!

My only gripe is that they put a chart boundary at Block Island which meant I ended up buying two downloads to cover the cape and LI Sound.

I stuck this over on the yak board as a thread update but not sure if anyone saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2002, 12:32 PM

Thanks Adrian, I gotta check this out
Old 02-16-2002, 11:40 AM

If you've got questions. . .

Adrian -

Ridge (short for Eldridge) White, the publisher of the tidebook and your new tideware, is a neighbor and good friend up here in Medfield, MA. He'd be pleased to hear your reactions to the system and more than happy to walk you through any questions.

He comes from a long line of sailors who'd never muck up the brightwork with fish gurry. I'm trying to tell him how useful (and how frequently used) the tide book is by onshore anglers and by the growing legions of us yakkers. I swear by it to figure out the weird currents on Nantucket's prodigious points.

Good luck and safe paddling with the new boat. Hope to see you again this year at the casting clave.

Jay MacLaughlin (Broadbill)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.