Saltwater Edge Show - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2002, 08:07 AM
Middle Aged Member

Saltwater Edge Show

Nice show. Not the sensory overload for the "novice that doesn't know what he's looking at" at Marlboro. I saw Joe Cordiero tie at a Kenny Abrams seminar last year. Watching and listening to him yesterday reaffirmed my first impression. This guy is a hell of a teacher.

As always it was great to see everybody and to have my wife meet some of my fishing buddies ("see honey, they have teeth").

And nice job with the FFF table Juro and Roop.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

It was another great visit to Newport, what a cool place. Peter Jenkin's hospitality is second to none and the company he keeps is "top notch". Great to see the all the expert tyers including our sponsors Captns' Todd Murphy, Gil Berke and Ray Stacheleck whippin' up some flies. Jenks kept things hopping with some awesome raffle prizes. CCA was there in force, CASE was hard at work moving things forward for the cause with the CCA raffle. We even had a little fun raffling a fly box loaded with flies donated by John Morin (striblue), Roop, Todd Murphy, and myself. Also some original striper art as well, etchings done by an anonymous author

All in all it was a great time. Special thanks to Jenks - you are da' man!

We're holding our spring clave in Rhody this year to cut the migration off at the pass a little earlier and fish the ever-mysterious worm hatch with the pro's. Keep an eye out for more information soon... for the Rhody Old School Spring Clave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

BTW -

The winners of the raffle were:

Picture #1 - Adrian
Fly Box - Don Cox
Picture #2 - Tom Dunlap

Congrats!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winners.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	93  
Old 02-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Flats Rat

A really enjoyable day which Fred and Juro summed up very nicely.

Fred, will you be bringing your lovely wife fishing some time?

Juro, Jeff - great job on the display guys!

Juro, your talents know no bounds, man, I'm beginning to think that Penguin was right all along

It was also nice to see a few faces from Kenny A's board and FFSW.

I did have a momentary scare on the way home. Crossing the Newport Bridges I suddenly noticed this little ticket flapping under the windshield wiper and I though - Oh CR@P - not in February?? When I stopped for gas it turned out to be a "Come to Jesus" card.

Rhody Spring Clave - Oh Boy, Oh Boy - thats really got me going now ...

better stop - wife & dogs are giving a funny look :eyecrazy:
Old 02-10-2002, 09:29 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...as if there was ever a doubt...

...Adrian...
My "friends" in Washington (DC) who run the Keyhole satelites have been keeping an eye on Juro ever since the last SPRING CLAVE...and my pals at NSA have nothing but "glowing" reports...Even the fish think he's SWELL!
Juro is a TOUR de FORCE and we should all take GOOD NOTES when he has something to say!

Sorry I missed you all at the EDGE...I was working the Wilmington Sportsman's show (pretty slow and may soon go the way of T-Rex)...
Old 02-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Thought I was a "shoe in" in the raffle for the $1500 worth of tying materials at the show.

The fact that someone like myself, who has only tied one fly in his whole life, didn't win that loot only reinforces the theory that God has no sense of humor. :hehe:

It was great to see everyone and especially nice to meet Fred's wife.

~Mark Doogue
Old 02-10-2002, 10:17 PM
President of CAC

Sorry I missed it but with the tying clave next weekend ,my usual Wednesday fly tying at First light, last Thursdays UFT, and Wilmington... I had to play the right hand... Glad the flys were used and I just finished my 85th Bonefish fly.. By the tying Clave I hope to have all 150 of them... look forward to seeing you all soon... By the way Juro.. those art works looked good... I sure would like to have one of yours for CAC.. know what I mean.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:40 AM
BB5 Survivor

nothing too mysterious about worms....ya just need to find 'em.... (and then you need the right fly(s) -- cause when it's good it can be incredible...BUT -- it can be frustrating).
Old 02-11-2002, 08:48 AM

Another great day. We weren't fishing so it couldn't have been too great but spending time with that many fly rodders is always fun!

Special thanks to Capt. Todd Murphy for his more than generous gift of his time & flies as well as John Morin for donating his creations.

Great to see old friends & make some new ones.

Roop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.