Templefork Outfitters Rods - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2002, 09:51 AM

Templefork Outfitters Rods

Anyone try them at various casting pools? Better yet anyone own one and have a long term inmpression of them?

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Fluff

(I had to cut this out of an email I tried sending you this a.m. - my email system still causes problems - must be in-house )

Terry - I don't own one because I have too much stuff now, BUT -

I tried several in RI last year. They were GREAT !!!

(Slinger) looked at them early this year, and after his impression, he consulted with several of us as to opinion. Mine was an overwhelming yes - he purchased rods based on testing and his impressions, as well as advisories.

If I had some more play money, I'd probably own the required weights across my coverage needs. I'm trying to figure out HOW to get one in my wife's hands, as I think it'd be a good learning tool...

Go for it IMO. No, they don't make a giant stick yet, but I have the business card of the guy who rep's them here, and can call and shoot the breeze with him and so forth, if you want...

p.s. - I think we did a q&a on these on FFSW not too long ago.
Old 02-09-2002, 03:52 AM

Thumbs up

I bought the IM6 in a 9ft 8wt as a backup rod last year for salmon.I was very impressed with the rod considering the low price.The only thing missing was the quality hardware.A couple of days ago I drove up to a local shop and they had just recieved some of the new Temple Fork Outfitters Ti rods in both 2 and 4 piece models.To say I was impressed would be the understatement of the year!I lawn cast a 4 piece 9ft 10wt and can honestly say it felt much lighter than my 8wt.It was one of the sweetest rods I have cast and that includes Sage,Loomis,etc.The price was also a huge plus as the 4 piece was between $250 and $300 Canadian.All rods come with a unconditional lifetime warranty and when I e-mailed them I was told that for the next year they are going to really concentrate on offering a bulletproof warranty before introducing more new sizes or models.I inquired about them building a 9 1/2 and 10ft model in various line weights up to 10.I told them there was a real demand for these sizes,especially in multi-piece rods,for out here in BC.My 2 favourite methods of fishing are with a longer rod out of a float tube,or with a longer rod to fish rivers for salmon and steelhead.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they make these models in the next year or two.For now,I will probably end up buying a rod or 2 in a 9ft length.That 10 wt would be great for tossing heavier heads without alot of arm fatigue.If you get a chance give the new Ti series a real hard look before shelling out twice as much for another brand.I really think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:46 AM
CantAnchorUs

I tried them at the marlboro show and was so impressed that I bought a 9wt. the next week. Went back this week and got the 8wt.
Slinger
Old 02-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Fluff

Re: Templefork Outfitters Rods

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty
Anyone try them at various casting pools? Better yet anyone own one and have a long term inmpression of them?

Lefty
Bringing the thread up:

Terry, did you try that 4 piece Slinger brought to Stony Brook??? If so, What did you think of it???
Old 02-19-2002, 11:36 AM

Not bad. My only concern is that the hype is snowballing. The qualities of a rod that make it good are suttle. One can easily be swayed by the next guy saying: "these are great, everyone is into them!".
At any rate they don't make a 4 pc 7 wt. Drat.
I'm sticking to my guns and not going fo an 8. Already got a 9 and 10.

Lefty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.