Urgent -- One last push for C & R - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2002, 12:14 AM
Chief of E.P.

Exclamation Urgent -- One last push for C & R

As of this afternoon, there are 3-4 wildlife commissioners sitting on the fence for Saturday's vote on C & R for Washington's wild steelhead.

Please take a minute and e-mail the commission and let them know you are encouraging them to support Option 1, the mandatory release without exception of all wild steelhead. (Make sure this language is in the first line of your message.)

It is less important this time to draft it in your own words. There is only one day to make a difference and shear numbers will speak volumes. Please send this today and encourage your fishing friends to do so as well.

Juro -- If you feel this is appropriate for the other forums, please copy it over. We have one chance to push this over the top and if we miss it, it may take years to get another.

The commission address is
commission@dfw.wa.gov

Thanks for your effort!

Duggan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2002, 12:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
I'd like to stress the point the comission members are VERY VERY VERY undecided on this issue!!! As it stands right now I would NOT!!!!!1 expect statewide WSR without exception. I would however to expect the comission to "throw us a bone" just to placait us. My gess is we will see a 1 a day 10 a year limit. I and several others had dinner with a comission member tonight and we left rather pessemistic. I will be shocked if we get WSR without exception.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Chief of E.P.

Rob,

Enough with that negative energy man

I'm not quite where you are but agree it will be an uphill battle. The commission member you had dinner with was a longshot and we had him penciled into the anti-option 1 camp. There are however three or four other members that are still fence sitting. We need only sway two of those to get the needed votes. Besides, Option 2 is no bone, it is just more of the same we need to kill them to save them BS.

Don't give up yet!
Old 02-07-2002, 01:35 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Form letter avaliable here...

Wild Steelhead Release Form Letter
Old 02-07-2002, 02:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
Sinktip I just call them like I see them I'll be optomistic when I see in a press release that the comission has voted for WSR without exception. WDFW steelhead managers are dead set against it. They hate the idea of WSR. I'll believe a change when I see a change. We will see what happens Saturday I'll be hoping for the best but not expecting it.. I am saying this to encourage people to send in e-mails nt to discourage them.

Last edited by roballen; 02-07-2002 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:02 PM
Chief of E.P.

Thumbs up Keep it up!

The latest word out of Olympia is that this last minute show of support has turned some heads. It is still to close to call but it looks like at least one fence sitter is looking at the response level and is now leaning towards C & R.

Please send a letter if you haven't. If you have, make sure all your friends have as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.