The Pats - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2002, 09:17 PM

The Pats

HI tO ALL THE newinglanders yOU SHOULD BE PROUD of what the pats accomplished. The best Superboll that I have Watched

-----saltRon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2002, 10:40 PM

rams forgot they had to play to win

i agree it was the best super bowel.i think the rams had been practicing their victory speeches instead of preparing for the game.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Here fishy fishy

No fly fishing content!

YEAH PATS!!! :eyecrazy:

As a life long Pats fan, I'm still in a bit of a daze. Remember my dad taking my brother and me to games in the 70s and 80s and watching my Pats come up short time and time again.

What a game; what a season. Only bittersweet part for me is that Drew Bledsoe probably wore a NE jersey for the last time. What a class act.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:14 AM
Fly chucker

I had a feeling that something special would happen when the Patriots decided to be introduced as a team instead of as individuals on offense or defense. This unity is what got them there, and it's what earned them the victory. Any of about a half dozen players could have rightly been named MVP.

A perfect example of "no I in TEAM"!
Old 02-06-2002, 01:15 AM
Spark's Bobber Brigade

I missed the game due to a prior committment. Actually the rivers dropped just enough in the local area that I was able to break out the Watermaster and spend the day floating one of my favorite small streams. It was productive, hooked three steelhead, landed two, one fat hen that would have pushed the fifteen pound mark. It was such an enjoyable day that I blew off grad school on Monday and did it again with similar results! However, I must be evolving in along my flyfishing evolutionary track since I now feel guilty when using the indicator/ dead drift method that accounts for 95% of my hook-ups. Oh well, whatever gets the job done. I'll use that as an excuse to attend the Sandy River Clave in May if my wife asks why the heck I'm heading to Oregon to fish.

I was dissapointed that Bledsoe did not get to play in the game, but I can see the reasoning behind it. Guess I'm just biased. Went to Washington State U. when Bledsoe was attending. He is a class individual and NE will miss him for more than just his playing ability if he leaves. Too much to hope for to have hime come play for the Seachickens. Hope he doesn't end up in Dallas!

Now if the Fenway boys can just get turned around....like to see the Mariners play someone other than the Yankees in Oct!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.