Fly Fishing Forum banner

Go Patriots!

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  John Desjardins 
#1 ·
Congrats and success to the New England Patriots for getting to the big easy with guts and heart. Of course the Rams can beat anybody in football and when they are firing on all cylinders it's a massacre, but I don't know if I've seen any pro team play with as much "want" as the Pats have over the last several weeks.

I am still also a Seattle fan, and that's why I like Dilfer... he's got that fire too. Too bad they didn't play him but that's another story... :devil:

The Patriots may not have a Warner or a Faulk or a Holt but they have as much heart as a college team at the Rose Bowl and you can feel the desire and spirit right through the TV waves.

Good luck PATS, play with heart. It's your best weapon!

#2 ·
I think it would be wonderful for our region and the entire country if this team won the Superbowl, particularly after the events of 9/11. There's a feeling of destiny with the Patriots, a magic and heart that seems a little bit intangible. I hope that it carries on.

As another reminder of worldwide events, I just found out that my young cousin is being called up from his college courses to go to Afganistan. The fierce battles may be over for now, but the war continues.....

#4 ·
Conratulations Patriots we were for you all the way,

We are a big football family here in Chicago, two of my sons play for one of the top public high schools team in Illinois.

They are like the Notre Dame of HS football, 80% winning average last 20 years, not lost two games in a row in 15 years !!

Congrats to the Pats !!

#6 ·
Unusual things will get you involved ...

Not much of a pro football fan (Soccer guy); a game that takes 1 hour on the clock to play but 3 hours on TV is usually beyond me. When I'm fishing alone I'll listen to books on tape. Tape ran out a few minutes before 4 and the 'radio' function kicked on when the tape stopped.

5 minutes later I've got my waders off, Spey Rods/dog in car and I'm driving more than 'what the law will allow' home to the TV. One hell of a game!!!!!

Millions were lost in Las Vegas today. :devil: Betting the line was "not a good thing.":whoa:

#7 ·
Books on tape while fishing???? I gotta listen to the roar of the river... ;)

I remember one summer day years ago as I was fishing through Deer Creek Riffle (what is left of it) and at the same time trying to listen to the M's game. Reception was bad and so I was casting in the oddest looking stances and swining my fly I one leg with one hand high in air and tilted to one side so I could maintain reception. After that I gave up on fishing and trying to listen to a M's game at the same time... :hehe:

#9 ·
Lefty said:
This breaks the curse of the bambino ya know.
Lefty
Please let it be so. All through the second half, with the announcers talking of how no team ever cam back from an 11 point 1/2 time deficit, I kept visualizing that terrible replay of 1985's 9'th inning of the 6'th game of the world series. Thankfully it isn't shown on TV very often anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.